2020 Ford Bronco Forum

2020 Ford Bronco Forum (https://www.bronco6gforum.com/forum/)
-   2020+ Bronco 6G News (https://www.bronco6gforum.com/forum/81-2020-bronco-6g-news/)
-   -   Is the Bronco Really Back? (https://www.bronco6gforum.com/forum/81-2020-bronco-6g-news/849-bronco-really-back.html)

Ford Bronco News 11-20-2015 05:37 PM

Is the Bronco Really Back?

http://i.imgur.com/5QvgjyL.jpg

Well according to some of the most trusted names in the industry, yes it is.

Both the Detroit Free Press and Automotive News are reporting that Ford will use the new found capacity at its Michigan Assembly Plant to build both the Bronco and Ranger.

The Ranger plan is fairly straight forward, build the World Market design Ranger at home, much like GM has done with Colorado and Canyon.

The Bronco however is a more unique situation.

They could build it on the F-150's platform, but that would leave the Bronco in a strange place between the F-150 and the Expedition, how many people need a two-door Expedition sized SUV?

Another potential avenue could be using the World Market Everest truck and sell it alongside the Explorer. It would give Ford a competent rival for the harder hitting Jeep Grand Cherokee and if done well, it could even potentially attack Land Rovers, if the content and capability are there.

What do you think, would you buy a Ford (Bronco) Grand Cherokee?

Moo 11-23-2015 11:54 AM

Makes more sense to build it on the Ranger's platform if they're being built in the same plant.

Tom 11-23-2015 07:20 PM

The best way to look at the Bronco is as Ford's response to the Toyota FJ Cruiser.

Moo 11-24-2015 10:43 AM

Something like the 2015 Toyota FJ Cruiser? That would be amazing! Maybe with a more aggressive bumper but the body shape and 2 door design on the Bronco.

Garcia 11-24-2015 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moo (Post 6433)
Makes more sense to build it on the Ranger's platform if they're being built in the same plant.

Im not so sure the Michigan plant will be happy with the volume from just ranger and bronco. I would imagine that they might bring some F-150 production over to placate the workers...

Moo 11-25-2015 10:39 AM

Does the F-150 have the same platform as the Ranger?

Garcia 11-25-2015 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moo (Post 6561)
Does the F-150 have the same platform as the Ranger?

no but that doesn't mean they can't be produced in the same factory...

Garcia 11-25-2015 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom (Post 6465)
The best way to look at the Bronco is as Ford's response to the Toyota FJ Cruiser.

FYI the FJ is dead...

Garcia 12-03-2015 04:18 PM

ouuu, maybe not so good.. that everest in the top picture just self immolated on a test drive LOL

http://s1.cdn.autoevolution.com/imag...e-ground_1.jpg

Moo 12-04-2015 11:28 AM

Worst time to burst into flames. CarsGuide journalist Peter Barnwell was the one test driving it and I can't wait for his article. :D

Tom 12-07-2015 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garcia (Post 7009)
ouuu, maybe not so good.. that everest in the top picture just self immolated on a test drive LOL

http://s1.cdn.autoevolution.com/imag...e-ground_1.jpg

This is one of those situations where traveling with a pack of marshmallows comes in handy

Garcia 12-08-2015 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom (Post 7098)
This is one of those situations where traveling with a pack of marshmallows comes in handy

EWWWW, it would taste like plastic and paint ;)

Moo 12-09-2015 11:10 AM

The reviewer in the car gave the Australian paper an Exclusive. You'll have to dodge flaming shrapnel before you can roast that marshmallow.

Ford Everest SUV Burns During Journalist's Test; No Repeatable Problems Found Yet

BuckingBronco 12-11-2015 11:10 AM

They already have 1000 on the roads of Australia. Wonder if another one will randomly combust.

Garcia 12-14-2015 01:43 PM

I'm still convinced the Everest is the likely Bronco we get. It shares everything with the Ranger, so there would be little changeover or downside to producing distinct models in the same facility. They could share at least half the line or something...

Moo 12-16-2015 10:59 AM

Read on masterherald.com that the 2016 Ford Bronco was rumored to make its debut in the “Jurassic World” but that didn't happen. Makes me a bit skeptical now about the future bronco release.

Moo 12-17-2015 01:10 PM

Wouldn't mind the new Bronco being based off of the Everest. It's a versatile car and TopGear had great things to say about it.
Quote:

"The new Everest is a hugely versatile vehicle that is equally at home in busy urban traffic and in the most extreme off-road environments the world has to offer," Worthington added. "Its unique blend of tough capability and exceptional on-road comfort will go far beyond what our customers have come to expect from a seven-seat SUV."

BuckingBronco 12-21-2015 11:05 AM

Will be interesting to see the Everest take on the Eagle Mountain in Coquitlam if what they claim is true.

Garcia 12-29-2015 04:09 PM

would be interesting if someone said something official sometime soon. Instead of us jerking in circles to sound and fury... c'mon Ford...

BuckingBronco 12-30-2015 11:00 AM

Maybe we'll hear something from Ford at the Detroit show? I'm just hoping for anything at this point...

ARChris 12-29-2016 06:51 AM

Real Capability

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ford Bronco News (Post 6425)

Both the Detroit Free Press and Automotive News are reporting that Ford will use the new found capacity at its Michigan Assembly Plant to build both the Bronco and Ranger.

The Ranger plan is fairly straight forward, build the World Market design Ranger at home, much like GM has done with Colorado and Canyon.

They could build it on the F-150's platform, but that would leave the Bronco in a strange place between the F-150 and the Expedition, how many people need a two-door Expedition sized SUV?

Another potential avenue could be using the World Market Everest truck and sell it alongside the Explorer. It would give Ford a competent rival for the harder hitting Jeep Grand Cherokee and if done well, it could even potentially attack Land Rovers, if the content and capability are there.

Umm, No. Grand Cherokees are what trophy wives and architects drive. I want a man's Truck/SUV. Ford produces enough SUVs for women already. I drive a 2015 Lariat SuperCrew FX4 3.5 Eco right now and there are certain things that a 6G Bronco needs to have and be for me to trade that in on my 6th Bronco(2 Bronco IIs and 4 Full Size). Full frame, aluminum body, Twin Turbo and/or Diesel Power, 2-Speed Automatic 4WD transfer case, multi-trim levels and, at the very least, clam shell rear doors like a SuperCab F-150(FJ-40 Land Cruiser). The days of flipping the back of a front seat and squirming into the back have gone the way of the DoDo...
It doesn't "have" to be on the F-Series platform but it needs to "not be" a remodeled Ranger/Everest.

ARChris 12-29-2016 07:05 AM

Real Capability

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ford Bronco News (Post 6425)

Umm, No. Grand Cherokees are what trophy wives and architects drive. I want a man's Truck/SUV. Ford produces enough SUVs for women already. I drive a 2015 Lariat SuperCrew FX4 3.5 Eco right now and there are certain things that a 6G Bronco needs to have and be for me to trade that in on my 5th Bronco(2 Bronco IIs and 3 Full Size). Full frame, aluminum body, Twin Turbo and/or Diesel Power, 2-Speed Automatic 4WD transfer case, multi-trim levels and, at the very least, clam shell rear doors like a SuperCab F-150(FJ-40 Land Cruiser). The days of flipping the back of a front seat and squirming into the back have gone the way of the DoDo...
It doesn't "have" to be built on the F-Series Platform but it need "not be" a re-skinned Ranger/Everest.

Moo 12-29-2016 01:24 PM

I would like to see the Bronco on a F-series platform too but that's a broad generalization of who a Grand Cherokee driver is... considering the Bronco is going to be built alongside the Ranger, I won't be surprised to see the Ranger's underpinnings.

ARChris 12-30-2016 07:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moo (Post 10833)
I would like to see the Bronco on a F-series platform too but that's a broad generalization of who a Grand Cherokee driver is... considering the Bronco is going to be built alongside the Ranger, I won't be surprised to see the Ranger's underpinnings.

A broad generalization is all that it was as I did leave out mid-level Business Executives and female Real Estate Agents LOL.
In all seriousness though, a hatchback/lift gate is unacceptable. A true "Bronco" needs to bridge an F-150 and an Expedition/Explorer therefore it must have a true tailgate that can flip down and/or swing out. Again, the 6G Bronco needs to have a good amount of F-Series DNA to be successful. I clung to the Explorer/Mountaineer platform(I owned both) until they went unibody and even then, they were a pathetic compromise to my good old Broncos. Ford's reasoning for bringing back the Bronco is to compete directly with the Jeep Wrangler and no one that owns a Wrangler is drooling over the Everest. If the 6G Bronco is to be a success then it can't be a "Bronco" badged grocery getter. If it is then I'll be buying a 14th gen. F-Series instead and the Bronco rebirth will be DOA.

Moo 12-30-2016 11:32 AM

Hopefully, autoevolution is right about the next gen bronco and it'll use a body-on-frame configuration instead of a unibody platform. Less noise, vibration and harshness in the ride.