No Exploding Airbags For Ford's Bronco - 2020 Ford Bronco Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-27-2015, 09:59 AM Thread Starter
Moo

No Exploding Airbags For Ford's Bronco

Ford is going to stop using the exploding Takata airbags in their future models so at least we can be safe in knowing that our Bronco won't be bursting with shrapnel if an accident every happens.

Not sure about the seat belts since Takata produces those too. Just don't want anything Takata in my Bronco at this point.
post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-27-2015, 11:34 AM

all airbags explode, that's how they deploy. It's a propellant. If you mean unintended exploding, yes that's a different story.

But even so do your research into the Takata thing. Majority of the incidents are confined to decade old cars which live in humind climates. Supposedly the moisture goes to work on the propellant...

Takata Air-Bag Failures Linked to Multiple Factors - WSJ

probably like 80% of the people complaining about Takata have never heard of Takata before this situation unfolded... Just like with VW there's may too much disinfo floating around.

post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-27-2015, 02:11 PM
Tom

With what was learned from that situation and all the attention on them, I wouldn't be all that concerned with air bag systems we'll find in the Bronco.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-01-2015, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garcia View Post
all airbags explode, that's how they deploy. It's a propellant. If you mean unintended exploding, yes that's a different story.

But even so do your research into the Takata thing. Majority of the incidents are confined to decade old cars which live in humind climates. Supposedly the moisture goes to work on the propellant...

Takata Air-Bag Failures Linked to Multiple Factors - WSJ

probably like 80% of the people complaining about Takata have never heard of Takata before this situation unfolded... Just like with VW there's may too much disinfo floating around.
Perhaps there is more detail to the story, but at the end of the day there isn't much defending VW or Takata.

post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-02-2015, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stag View Post
Perhaps there is more detail to the story, but at the end of the day there isn't much defending VW or Takata.
who's defending them?

Just because I'm pointing out factual information doesn't mean im defending them LOL. Do your homework dude.

Yea Takata manufactured a flawed product. But that product only reached catastrophic failure over a decade after it was installed and only under certain specific circumstances. It's not the malice most people are painting them with...

Do you know anything else about Takata?

post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-09-2015, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garcia View Post
who's defending them?

Just because I'm pointing out factual information doesn't mean im defending them LOL. Do your homework dude.

Yea Takata manufactured a flawed product. But that product only reached catastrophic failure over a decade after it was installed and only under certain specific circumstances. It's not the malice most people are painting them with...

Do you know anything else about Takata?
Well you certainly are defending yourself now.

I don't see how agreeing that there is detail to the story but saying they are still wrong is not doing my homework. You can point out factual information all you want, but here is a fact: the airbags killed people. Sure it was years after they were sold, but the dead people don't really care much about that.

post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-10-2015, 04:10 PM
Tom

When it comes to what this forum is about it's not a concern or much to talk about since there's a big time difference between the vehicles that had this issue and what we'll be getting.
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-10-2015, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
When it comes to what this forum is about it's not a concern or much to talk about since there's a big time difference between the vehicles that had this issue and what we'll be getting.
It's good to know that we don't have to worry about it, and new Takata airbags wouldn't have this issue anyway.

Do we know where they will be sourced from instead?

post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-11-2015, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Well you certainly are defending yourself now.

I don't see how agreeing that there is detail to the story but saying they are still wrong is not doing my homework. You can point out factual information all you want, but here is a fact: the airbags killed people. Sure it was years after they were sold, but the dead people don't really care much about that.
Quote:
Defending myself? That's no more a defence then my original comment. You certainly have an interesting method of interpretation.

You make it seem like they purposely put shrapnel and pre detonating product in cars on purpose. The point is that the product failed under specific and repeatable conditions more then a decade after manufacture.

THIS IS NOT A DEFENCE, THIS IS A LOOK AT THE ROOT CAUSES

Again do your homework and I would love to have a constructive conversation, but this whole thread is sensation and regurgitation. From the title of the OP

Tell me, what things does a dead person care about? GTFO

post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-11-2015, 09:56 AM

8 deaths in 10 years from Takata Airbags

800 deaths from falling asleep at the wheel in 2013 alone

Does a dead person care they didn't sleep enough last night?

Lets put it another way. They say 1 in 7 cars has a Takata Airbag:

There are supposedly 253,000,000 cars on American roads, that would make 36,142,857 of them equipped with Takata airbags. So if the company is AS MALICIOUS as our media would like us to believe why have there only been 8 deaths from 36 million tries?

Seriously THINK ABOUT THAT. 8 Deaths from 36 million possibilities...

Last edited by Garcia; 12-11-2015 at 10:04 AM.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page