The new Ford Bronco production leaked... - 2020 Ford Bronco Forum
 2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-13-2018, 07:54 PM Thread Starter
Tom

The new Ford Bronco production leaked...

In case you missed it, recently at a Ford dealer meeting, images of the new Ford Bronco leaked. I have seen quite a few concept cars transition to production versions and what we're seeing here seems very close to production-spec. Compared to other Ford Motor Company products like those offered from Lincoln, it too has that same next-generation appeal. What makes this even more interesting is the fact we've seen these proportions before with the initial teaser. Finally a Ford SUV we can be passionate about again is here.

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-14-2018, 07:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
In case you missed it, recently at a Ford dealer meeting, images of the new Ford Bronco leaked. I have seen quite a few concept cars transition to production versions and what we're seeing here seems very close to production-spec. Compared to other Ford Motor Company products like those offered from Lincoln, it too has that same next-generation appeal. What makes this even more interesting is the fact we've seen these proportions before with the initial teaser. Finally a Ford SUV we can be passionate about again is here.

Baby with a 4-Banger!
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-14-2018, 08:04 AM

the article said that is not the 2020 Ford Bronco, it is the new 'mini' Bronco that will be built as well. They pointed out to check the side view pic that clearly shows it's smaller than the outline behind it which was Ford's teaser pic.
Stampede.Offroad likes this.

Last edited by DGreen; 11-14-2018 at 08:09 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-14-2018, 08:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGreen View Post
the article said that is NOT the 2020 Ford Bronco, it is the new 'mini' Bronco that will be built as well. They pointed out to check the side view pic that clearly shows it's smaller than the outline behind it which was Ford's teaser pic.
Also, the shadow behind the Orange BB is the Full-Size Bronco.
Stampede.Offroad likes this.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-14-2018, 11:28 AM

Quote:
the article said that is not the 2020 Ford Bronco, it is the new 'mini' Bronco that will be built as well. They pointed out to check the side view pic that clearly shows it's smaller than the outline behind it which was Ford's teaser pic.
What article? Can you post link?
Thanks
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-14-2018, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buildbigboats View Post
Quote:
What article? Can you post link?
Thanks
Do a Google search for baby bronco tons of articles here’s one. https://jalopnik.com/leaked-2020-for...1830414119/amp
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-17-2018, 10:50 AM

I'm not expecting much to change styling wise with the full size model, aside from a longer wheelbase, but I think that's okay. This is a big step forward from what we've seen from models like the Flex.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-19-2018, 05:35 PM Thread Starter
Tom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nesbitt View Post
I'm not expecting much to change styling wise with the full size model, aside from a longer wheelbase, but I think that's okay. This is a big step forward from what we've seen from models like the Flex.
You should because there's a shadow behind the revealed Bronco showing a bigger model with a more upright windshield and overall a boxier design.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-21-2018, 06:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
You should because there's a shadow behind the revealed Bronco showing a bigger model with a more upright windshield and overall a boxier design.
Agreed. The baby Bronco doesnt quite fit their (Ford's) explanation of an off-pavement, adventure seeking, Jeep rival. Its more along the lines of a Jeep Renegade version. Sure it'll probably come with optional 4wd, but lacks the true rugged gear the Wrangler comes with. I see the baby Bronco being very similar to the Renegade. And with the baby Bronco appearing to come standard with 4 doors, will this affect the 2020 Bronco options??

I personally think it will. I see the Bronco remaining a 2 door for a couple years until Ford determines consumers critique, customer demand, and viability of the 4 door model. IMOP, I think Ford maybe rushing the baby Bronco and it feels like it could dilute the 2020 version in nameplate, anticipation, and styling.

Check out my Bronco Logic YouTube Channel!
1996 Wht Sport MAF/OBD II 466
1996 Wht KR 351-4" & 33's 1996 Blue EB 351-32's 1996 Wht/Tan 351-Stock 1995 Blk XLT 351 1994 Blk EB 302-Stock SOLD 30 others....
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-26-2018, 10:27 PM Thread Starter
Tom

Definitely and targeting both the Renegade and Wrangler have been very clear to me from the start, especially having seen other major players like Toyota showing similar interest. On a broader scale we see similar moves with premium car makers as well... car makers have been dropping sedans in favor of CUV's, Crossovers and SUV's. Personally I rather see 4 door versions of both the Renegade rivaling baby Bronco and the bigger Wrangler competitor. Toyota wasn't brave to to it with the FJ Cruiser but times have changed since then.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page