Come On Ford! - 2020 Ford Bronco Forum
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 31 (permalink) Old 07-15-2018, 12:00 PM Thread Starter

Come On Ford!

Alright....179 days to the Big Bronco Reveal and still nothing more than a '72 IH Scout covered in a muddy bedsheets?!
Truly hope your design and engineering folks are much better than your marketing folks because this campaign is dead.
Maybe need to take some lessons from Jeep on creating a brand cult.
This close some design and technical aspects must be nailed down:
2 Door option?
Removable Top(s)?
Technical Specs?
Please give us something.
Too many headaches from looking at the sheeted side view cross-eyed trying to make it turn 3D, no longer doing weekly google search for something new after reading so many rehashes of speculations about speculations.
Gotten to the point that I've started reading more about the possible FJ replacement.
Again..please give us something to get us excited, get us drooling not from sleepy boredom but desired ...maybe cause some potential Wrangler buyers to pause and reconsider
post #2 of 31 (permalink) Old 07-16-2018, 09:21 AM

The long delay is likely going to kill a lot of hype around this vehicle, but lets hope that allows Ford to deliver a solid product. They have confirmed a two door 'baby bronco' but specs and details are still relatively scarce around it.
post #3 of 31 (permalink) Old 07-16-2018, 11:08 PM

Its all by design. I'm not surprised if they have moles in every corner of the internet trolling for design comments, drivetrain desires, buying habits, etc. This is 2018 beta testing at its finest. All we can do is hope that the long wait just means their trying to get it right.

Check out my Bronco Logic YouTube Channel!
1996 Wht Sport MAF/OBD II 466
1996 Wht KR 351-4" & 33's 1996 Blue EB 351-32's 1996 Wht/Tan 351-Stock 1995 Blk XLT 351 1994 Blk EB 302-Stock SOLD 30 others....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 31 (permalink) Old 07-17-2018, 08:49 AM

I think Ford is well aware of the legacy around the Bronco, and they know how much is at stake if they don't deliver. I can almost guarantee that they are scouring forums such as this one to determine the wishlists of enthusiasts. Going up against the Wrangler is not something to rush into...as we know all too well from the FJ Cruiser.
Bronco Logic likes this.
post #5 of 31 (permalink) Old 07-17-2018, 11:51 AM Thread Starter

My point (and frustration) is that with <180 days before what we expect to be the reveal and guessing maybe 12 months until production models start rolling off the line that certain critical aspects must be set, suppliers sent specs, tooling/dies being laid out, etc. So why not let us in on that info.
Tease us.
Start building some excitement going into January. Its not really that far off.
post #6 of 31 (permalink) Old 07-17-2018, 01:57 PM
Tom

Even if we could just see a test mule it would go a long way. Most knowledgeable enthusiasts will be able to figure out if its the Bronco they were waiting for all along or if Ford is butchering the Bronco name.
post #7 of 31 (permalink) Old 07-18-2018, 09:02 AM

We definitely should have more information than we currently do, and I can't believe that we haven't even seen a prototype out road testing yet. I think it would be a safer route to get something out early and give consumers the chance to provide proper feedback. If they wait too close to release, it won't be possible for them to make the appropriate changes.
post #8 of 31 (permalink) Old 07-18-2018, 02:55 PM
Tom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxx View Post
We definitely should have more information than we currently do, and I can't believe that we haven't even seen a prototype out road testing yet. I think it would be a safer route to get something out early and give consumers the chance to provide proper feedback. If they wait too close to release, it won't be possible for them to make the appropriate changes.
I do however recall seeing coverage of a new Ford Everest that oddly enough seems like a Bronco. Only thing is, its launching in China with no word on US availability.
post #9 of 31 (permalink) Old 07-19-2018, 08:54 AM

The Everest does seem to have more off road capability than a standard SUV, but its also a giant 7 seater. It's also been criticized for having weak power delivery, but yet again there are rumors of a Raptor variant. I really don't think Ford should be diluting that trim so readily.
post #10 of 31 (permalink) Old 07-19-2018, 12:47 PM Thread Starter

Hennessey knows something...
2020 Ford Bronco | Hennessey Performance

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page