Come On Ford! - Page 2 - 2020 Ford Bronco Forum
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 31 (permalink) Old 07-19-2018, 11:24 PM

Meh, I just think the business plan is to offer accessories. They know certainly there is going to be a big enthusiast ground swell for aftermarket Bronco parts and their posturing themselves to be out in front in terms of that race. I've considered the same thing only on a smaller, enthusiast level. A reason I chose my screen name, made a Bronco channel, and enjoy and frequent forums.

Check out my Bronco Logic YouTube Channel!
1996 Wht Sport MAF/OBD II 466
1996 Wht KR 351-4" & 33's 1996 Blue EB 351-32's 1996 Wht/Tan 351-Stock 1995 Blk XLT 351 1994 Blk EB 302-Stock SOLD 30 others....
post #12 of 31 (permalink) Old 07-20-2018, 09:57 AM

Hennessey's reputation has been going down as of late, and I've seen plenty of complaints about the quality of their products. Though they have showcased some very impressive projects, its obvious that their tunes come with a sacrifice to reliability.
post #13 of 31 (permalink) Old 07-21-2018, 12:41 PM

Hennessey isn't really worth considering unless you're planning on solely tracking your vehicle. High performance tunes just don't provide the level of reliability required for daily driving. You're better off going with a full classic restomod by someone like ICON.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 31 (permalink) Old 07-26-2018, 02:04 PM Thread Starter

My point in providing the Hennessy link was to suggest that maybe Ford is supplying technical information to them so that they can begin designing/engineering aftermarket products...like Ford would have to be doing with their OEM suppliers.
Information that would be nice for us potential buyers to be privy to.
Have no knowledge or experience with any Hennessy products so can't comment one way or another on anything they produce.
post #15 of 31 (permalink) Old 07-31-2018, 09:56 AM

Why doesn't Ford just start offering tuning kits/mods through their performance division? This could be an incredible source of revenue for them if they took the time to do their own R&D. I think people would be more comfortable buying these kinds of accessories directly.
post #16 of 31 (permalink) Old 08-01-2018, 10:02 AM

I know that I personally would but maybe they just think its too much of an investment, especially during this time of transition for the company. I can almost guarantee that the Focus/Fiesta would have seen much greater interest, with proper in house aftermarket support.
post #17 of 31 (permalink) Old 08-14-2018, 12:28 PM

"Come on" is right!! I got into a Jeep Renegade in 2015 & like the G6, it was a much anticipated build up with a forum like this trading rumors, hopes, & factoids a year out.

But the "buzz" on that Jeep forum was exponentially higher than this...if Ford's actual vehicle is a reflection of this lack of hype, I expect it'll be a wood-panelled station wagon.

My ardent hopes of buying a retro-influenced Bronco are rapidly fading.
post #18 of 31 (permalink) Old 08-14-2018, 04:38 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCrenegader View Post
"Come on" is right!! I got into a Jeep Renegade in 2015 & like the G6, it was a much anticipated build up with a forum like this trading rumors, hopes, & factoids a year out.

But the "buzz" on that Jeep forum was exponentially higher than this...if Ford's actual vehicle is a reflection of this lack of hype, I expect it'll be a wood-panelled station wagon.

Hear Hear!!!
Bravo
post #19 of 31 (permalink) Old 08-15-2018, 09:57 AM

The constant delays certainly haven't helped interest, and the official reveal is still months away. They've started to release some details about the smaller 'baby' variant at least. What does everyone think about the new Ranger?
post #20 of 31 (permalink) Old 08-15-2018, 10:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCrenegader View Post

I'm confused as to why a Jeep forum would be lusting after the renegade when they have the JK? Maybe it was the name? Jeep did waste a heritage-heavy namesake on that Scion XB with Jeep letters. Granted I wasn't around the hype but what exactly WAS the hype....a tiny IFS box that could run through mud puddles and compete with the Kia Soul? Was it believed to be something more adventurous or capable?

Jeep spews out new models about twice a decade with most of those finding their demise shortly thereafter (Commander, Compass, Liberty, Patriot). Ford doesn't do that. Its a much bolder move from Ford, especially when Jeep literally owns the segment. I think alot of people still dont know what to think about the idea of the Bronco coming back. Certainly not us Bronco enthusiasts but certainly the masses. And lets be honest, its probably not going to be practical..atleast not at the beginning. Some may be writing it off before it even arrives.

I still believe there are plenty of people hyped about the Bronco but all have their own specific reservations. Keep in mind they're returning to a nameplate that lasted 30 years and was chock full of history. Its almost bitter-sweet that its coming back. Ford has a deep interest in this vehicle succeeding. Not just filling a model within a segment, (think Fusion/Fiesta, just to have a product offering). This is a passion project for Ford. Ford see's the Bronco generating mega-revenue from a market that they largely succumbed to. They are leveraging its history with updated design and capabilities to compete with the Jeep. Furthermore, Jeep is their only competitor in the segment. Unlike their passenger car division which is flooded with choices, this one isn't. They have a strong chance of shifting the winds from Jeep's sails. Ford has found some introspection and decided it would be foolish NOT to try. With that in mind, they know they only have 1 real shot to get it right before its written off as another failed Jeep wannabe. This is big for Ford, very big.

Most believe they wont get it right. I think a lot of us here approach it with an optimistic vantage. I'll stand by my statement, "FORD will not screw this up". Its just a gut feeling. Too much is resting on it. Will it have bugs, sure all new models do, but I truly believe the design will be as good as you can possibly expect from a resurrection from the 60's into the 21st century. And if its not, oh well, I can still enjoy my old models. I just appreciate Ford is trying.

On another note, I know Toyota has to be kicking themselves weekly. I love the FJ's design, but 2007 was just a bad year to introduce a 4x4 adventure vehicle when the introduction of the JK was a game changer the same year. we wont see another FJ from Toyota. All there energy is focused on the 4Runner/Tacoma in the adventure sector. But based on vehicles on the road and no glaring sales & profits statistics in my face, I'd say their killing it. Especially in the overlanding crowd. More so than Jeep I'd wager, and thats certainly a noteworthy accomplishment.

Check out my Bronco Logic YouTube Channel!
1996 Wht Sport MAF/OBD II 466
1996 Wht KR 351-4" & 33's 1996 Blue EB 351-32's 1996 Wht/Tan 351-Stock 1995 Blk XLT 351 1994 Blk EB 302-Stock SOLD 30 others....

Last edited by Bronco Logic; 08-15-2018 at 10:33 PM.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page