The 2019 Chevrolet Blazer - 2020 Ford Bronco Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-26-2018, 11:25 PM Thread Starter

The 2019 Chevrolet Blazer

Its old news now but its worth mentioning, Chevrolet has announced plans to bring the Blazer back in 2019. It's only name in form. It couldn't be further from the original Blazer/Jimmy production run. Diehard Chevy fans are beside themselves. If Chevrolet was trying to match Ford's retro come-back.....they missed the mark. On the other hand, lets hope Ford doesn't get spooked by a competitor releasing yet another crossover SUV and decide to replicate the Bronco after it to hedge their bets with new buyers.

https://www.cnet.com/roadshow/news/2...ver-suv-specs/

Check out my Bronco Logic YouTube Channel!
1996 Wht Sport MAF/OBD II 466
1996 Wht KR 351-4" & 33's 1996 Blue EB 351-32's 1996 Wht/Tan 351-Stock 1995 Blk XLT 351 1994 Blk EB 302-Stock SOLD 30 others....
post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-03-2018, 09:38 AM

It really does just look like a jacked up Camaro, and its unfortunate that Chevy decided to stray so far away from the design of the previous generation models. You would think with how saturated the crossover segment is, that a classic/retro design would be of the simplest differentiators.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-03-2018, 08:51 PM
Tom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abraham View Post
It really does just look like a jacked up Camaro, and its unfortunate that Chevy decided to stray so far away from the design of the previous generation models. You would think with how saturated the crossover segment is, that a classic/retro design would be of the simplest differentiators.
Its quite possibly the best angle they could play.
Ford had the upper hand for some time but the new Blazer with more Camaro features will shut that show down

ZR1 Blazer sure sounds nice to me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-04-2018, 10:21 AM

I personally wasn't too surprised with the styling of the new Blazer. As soon as I heard it was going to be a crossover, I knew that meant we'd be seeing another lifted car. At least this means that Ford has nothing to worry about, as the new Blazer wont have any off road capability. Just another weird looking crossover for the masses.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-06-2018, 10:21 AM

I think its likely that Chevy is going to go street performance with the Blazer and leave the Bronco to compete with the Wrangler. If it ends up getting similar mod support to what we've seen with the Camaro, its going to end up being a very capable high performance crossover.
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-06-2018, 05:39 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abraham View Post
I think its likely that Chevy is going to go street performance with the Blazer and leave the Bronco to compete with the Wrangler. If it ends up getting similar mod support to what we've seen with the Camaro, its going to end up being a very capable high performance crossover.
Do those exist? I mean in terms of profit for the manufacturer? Chevy had the typhoon, trailblazer SS but they didn't seem to sell well. They're worth gold now but for the bottom line, its likely why they were discontinued. Jeep had the Grand Cherokee R/T that was pretty nasty but again, is it doing anything for the brand? I actually dont know, just my perception only.

I can see those buyers who aren't interested in a run of the mill crossover, but are still car guys who might be pigoen-hold into a crossover for practicality reasons who may like street performance. They want some go fast goodies instead of an off-road package. Seems logical. Maybe the Blazer will live up to a different name, a street-cred name. If thats the case, why not bring back an alternative nameplate (typhoon, SS, etc) or create an entirely new one? Its analogous to Ford bringing back the pinto and transforming it in an ultra-luxury sedan.

Check out my Bronco Logic YouTube Channel!
1996 Wht Sport MAF/OBD II 466
1996 Wht KR 351-4" & 33's 1996 Blue EB 351-32's 1996 Wht/Tan 351-Stock 1995 Blk XLT 351 1994 Blk EB 302-Stock SOLD 30 others....
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-07-2018, 11:11 AM

Well Fords upcoming Edge ST is looking to follow a similar model. Street/track performance packaged into something with more utility than a standard car. And I think with growing interest in these kinds of performance oriented SUV's/crossovers that we're found to see some brand new models across all manufacturers. Whether these will be re-engineered versions of classic nameplates remains to be seen.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-10-2018, 08:53 PM
Tom

I hope some of that will rub off on the next Escape or EcoSport, although it will be a long time from now. A Ford rival to the Renegade and the like is what Ford needs. If the Bronco rivals the Wrangler, then we need a baby Bronco.
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-11-2018, 09:58 AM

I didn't think the Renegade was very popular, so I didn't really think it was necessary to release a model to rival it. Though there is obviously a growing interest in CUV's as of late. I think the Ecosport is still lagging a bit behind its competitors, and I think it would make more sense for them to improve that platform, rather than develop a new one.
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-12-2018, 09:44 AM

Reviews of event he brand new Ecosport aren't all that positive, so that's probably why Ford has an interest in a smaller CUV variant of the Bronco. The nameplate itself will probably peak consumer interest and fingers crossed that they deliver with its powertrain and styling.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page