What is Car and Driver talking about? - 2020 Ford Bronco Forum
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-02-2018, 11:25 AM Thread Starter

What is Car and Driver talking about?

More horse-shittery from once a reputable source. Unless they have an inside source (which isn't unlikely) I havent heard anything about what their reporting. I'm a bit frustrated with "facts" from these magazines. If it was a op-ed piece I could stomach the article. Its written as if it were fact. I'm sure I'm blowing this out of proportion but com'on, call it speculation at least.

https://www.caranddriver.com/feature...ve-all-the-fun

Check out my Bronco Logic YouTube Channel!
1996 Wht Sport MAF/OBD II 466
1996 Wht KR 351-4" & 33's 1996 Blue EB 351-32's 1996 Wht/Tan 351-Stock 1995 Blk XLT 351 1994 Blk EB 302-Stock SOLD 30 others....
post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-02-2018, 11:33 AM

I mean there are plenty of other off road vehicles from other automakers aside from the Wrangler, though I suppose none of them have seen the same level of sales. Can certainly tell that this article is coming from someone who's a little ill informed.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-04-2018, 11:07 AM

I'm skeptical with articles likes those without sources, could be a culmination of all the Bronco rumors they've heard so far or it could be a few conjectures based on what works on the Wrangler. Ideally, it would be nice if we have a few body styles, but I'm not holding my breath.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-04-2018, 05:08 PM
Tom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco Logic View Post
More horse-shittery from once a reputable source. Unless they have an inside source (which isn't unlikely) I havent heard anything about what their reporting. I'm a bit frustrated with "facts" from these magazines. If it was a op-ed piece I could stomach the article. Its written as if it were fact. I'm sure I'm blowing this out of proportion but com'on, call it speculation at least.

https://www.caranddriver.com/feature...ve-all-the-fun
Its simply click bait.

However I give them credit for trying to stick within what is possible for this segment.
Most people reading it won't know better and quite frankly once all the details come out from official sources no one will care.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-04-2018, 10:23 PM Thread Starter

But as a leading automobile magazine, don't you lose credibility with articles like this??? Again, if the writer had presented this article with his fact-based theory or built an argument to why he believes XYZ, then we as the reader take it as that...his opinion. We then decide if its a compelling article and either agree or disagree. I understand the need for click-bait certainly, (I assume the point of the pic) but when I read a car magazine I like to know that I'm easily able distinguish between fact vs professional opinion, even when its a car I have 0 interest in.

P.S rant over. I'll another article that does the same thing tomorrow..lol

Check out my Bronco Logic YouTube Channel!
1996 Wht Sport MAF/OBD II 466
1996 Wht KR 351-4" & 33's 1996 Blue EB 351-32's 1996 Wht/Tan 351-Stock 1995 Blk XLT 351 1994 Blk EB 302-Stock SOLD 30 others....
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-05-2018, 10:19 AM
Moo

Since it's not car show season anymore, I'm guessing publications need to dig very deep to find anything to write about and these are kind of last resort articles to draw in clicks. Annoying when you're hoping for something new instead of the same rehashed things. Would rather they talk about old Bronco models than that list.
Bronco Logic likes this.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-06-2018, 08:51 AM

He is right though, that its not like this is just some new independent car publication. Car and Driver has been around for decades, and I think its readers have come to expect a little more from their articles. I suppose this is what happens with the transition to online and the immediacy that it requires.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-06-2018, 11:07 AM

Probably won't be clicking on too many of these articles no matter how reputable the sources are until the Bronco actually debuts. Car and Driver is a great publication, but I'll wait until the Bronco is released, assuming they're invited to the press release.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-07-2018, 12:39 PM
Tom

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckingBronco View Post
Probably won't be clicking on too many of these articles no matter how reputable the sources are until the Bronco actually debuts. Car and Driver is a great publication, but I'll wait until the Bronco is released, assuming they're invited to the press release.
Tell me about it and worst of all there has been such a big gap from the last Bronco to now that just about anything is possible. Yeah we've seen a "Bronco" that China is getting but China often gets China-specific products.

Then there's this:
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-08-2018, 09:00 AM

So that's a Chinese exclusive Bronco replica? I know a lot of the times these kinds of knock off models are solely electric and rarely do they deliver similar levels of performance. The lines aren't even straight on that thing aha.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page