4 Door Option? Yay or nay - 2020 Ford Bronco Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-30-2018, 01:38 PM Thread Starter

4 Door Option? Yay or nay

While I know we're still in the concept phase, id be lying if I said I wasn't concerned that all the prototypes so far are two door only. Surely I can't be the only one who wants a 4 door option? I found this rendering online of what a 4 door version could look like. Have to say that I really like it and hope its somewhere in Fords plans for the new Bronco.
post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-02-2018, 01:24 PM
Tom

No point in launching a 4 door when they already have the Explorer and its not like there would be enough to carry over to Lincoln if that's what they're looking for in a product like this.
However it can be argued that its worth the risk given the fact it could be a good learning experience for them.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-03-2018, 09:25 AM
Moo

A two door is pretty much the Bronco iconic look and I'd hate to see that replaced with a four door. May as well stick to their roots and come out with something unique while also appealing to the old Bronco fans.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-05-2018, 03:39 PM
Tom

I guess if they were to release a model for the global market this time around it might just have to be the four-door given the fact no one will find it to be a compromise, can't say the same about a 2 door.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-06-2018, 01:51 PM Thread Starter

I just think by offering a sole 2 door version, they are severely limiting potential buyers and not many people have much use for a 2 door SUV. I know the original had an iconic look with its two door styling, its just in this day in age everyone wants a stylish vehicle that also offers utility. Not sure if its better to rely on being unique in the segment or to try and please the masses.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-27-2018, 01:00 PM

A four door may encroach on Explorer territory, but if Ford wants to compete with the likes of Jeep then they'll need to give us the option to choose instead of limited it to just two doors. But this is heavily dependent on the cost of development and what they think the Bronco will return.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page