Finally Ford Bronco Information - 2020 Ford Bronco Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-19-2017, 11:16 AM Thread Starter

Finally Ford Bronco Information

Alright, so we finally have some info to work off of and discuss here as things were getting a bit tired.

Someone managed to get a chance to speak with an engineer that is close to the Bronco development team and he has shared some information on the new Ford Bronco. Now, it isn't a confirmation of anything, but it's something.

Firstly, and obviously, the Wrangler Unlimited is being used as a benchmark vehicle for the Bronco... not really a surprise at all.

Secondly, the engine used in the Ford Fusion Sport, 2.7L Ecoboost V6 is a befitting engine

Rock crawling is not a priority for the Bronco because of the aluminum intensive platform. It will however meet water wading depths of 19.7" which is good enough for the vast majority of consumers.

A Raptor version is definitely not in the works yet.

A hybrid version is a possibility as the F-150 is going hybrid and that setup can be transferred over.
Quote:
At the present moment, the unnamed Ford engineer claims the Bronco is in the third design phase. “If you’re familiar with the Troller (pictured), out of Brazil, that’s the basic concept, but it’ll look like a four-door version of that.” The automaker apparently doesn’t have plans on offering a two-door model because “there’s just no market for it.” Reading between the lines, competition from Jeep is stiff, and Ford is playing it safe.

In a bid to steal some customers away from Jeep's Wrangler, the Bronco is expected to gain a removable modular roof. The setup, apparently, consists of three separate sections. Allegedly, only the top sections are removable.
https://www.autoevolution.com/news/2...t-119309.html#

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-19-2017, 02:27 PM

Exterior styling of that concept does look great and aggressive, let's just see how much they tone it down. Hopefully it's not by much because that definitely looks like it could be a production vehicle.

Interesting that Ford is trying to play it safe against the Wrangler though, but it does make a lot of sense. It's going to take quite a lot to knock that thing off of its throne.
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-23-2017, 09:47 AM Thread Starter

I feel like they're going to have to include a lot more cues of what their current lineup is offering such as lighting styles and the likes just so it blends in with their offerings at the moment.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-24-2017, 06:06 PM
Tom

If the future Bronco is really going to be sized like then I will be very happy. Its just too bad that there's little of the original bronco in the design. Pulling more design influence from the concept will be a good idea;

post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-25-2017, 12:22 PM Thread Starter

The Troller concept does look a lot closer to a Wrangler than it does a Bronco. But that may not be such a bad thing at all. The Wrangler design works and that's blatantly obvious. Getting it closer to the Wrangler could work out better as it does have a lot more character and it looks much more aggressive than the concept.
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-26-2017, 04:27 PM

If Ford is using the Toller as their model I will be completely disappointed! I would hope that they would have some throw back stylings from the 66-77 era Broncos, kind of like they have done with some of the mustangs, camaros and challengers.
If this hits dealers in 2020 I will stick with my rice burner 2013 FJ. Please don't do this to me Ford!
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-27-2017, 08:54 AM Thread Starter

Lol rice burner. Your 2013 FJ would probably out-perform the Bronco in off-road situations if that matters any at least?

Although it isn't confirmed that it will look like the Troller concept, the mention of it does make it a greater possibility though. What's the reason you're looking into the new Bronco though? For the nostalgic side of things? @Mooch
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-27-2017, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooch View Post
If Ford is using the Toller as their model I will be completely disappointed! I would hope that they would have some throw back stylings from the 66-77 era Broncos, kind of like they have done with some of the mustangs, camaros and challengers.
If this hits dealers in 2020 I will stick with my rice burner 2013 FJ. Please don't do this to me Ford!

And if Ford does not offer the 6-speed manual in the Bronco I will be sticking with my 2008 Jeep Liberty - or looking for a FJ with the 6-speed manual. So it is up to you Ford.
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-28-2017, 05:22 PM
Tom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooch View Post
Lucky for you if the Bronco turns out as bad as the troller then it might be a contributing factor to FJ pricing being in a better position. Ford is in a spot where they could potentially impact those used prices.
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-14-2017, 09:14 PM

Unfortunately that Troller looks more like a Geo Tracker than a Wrangler or a Bronco. I hope the real deal isn't targeting the value enthusiast.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page