We'll Know It - 2020 Ford Bronco Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-13-2017, 10:47 AM Thread Starter

We'll Know It

Read another posting by Motor Trend and Joe Hinrichs, Ford's President of the Americas, has stated the Bronco will be "True to its heritage" and "You'll recognize it as a Bronco".

This makes me feel satisfied in the sense of, it's not going to be a complete redesign where it pays zero homage to what it was. Like the Dart or something else stupid that should have come out with a completely new name.

Ford Americas Chief Says New Bronco Will be ?True to its Heritage? - Motor Trend
post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-15-2017, 02:53 PM

This is honestly all that really matters to me. I want something true to what it was that will pretty much bring it into the modern age without losing it's essentials. Then it can legitimately be called a Bronco and appeal to those who knew what it was, and those that will learn.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-16-2017, 11:54 AM
Tom

Ford is just lucky that Toyota did the homework for them. Maybe if it wasn't for the Toyota FJ Cruiser being out we might not see Ford going this route because if there's anything out there to help justify bringing a certain model to market its seeing who's doing it currently and the results they're getting
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-18-2017, 10:41 AM
Moo

Does that mean ford will come out with a two door Bronco? I recall the old Broncos being two door with a long rear, if Ford want's to remain true to the Bronco heritage then we may see a two and four door option like Jeep.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-19-2017, 10:55 AM

A 2 door would be ideal, and if it's going to be going against the JL that will be coming in 2 and 4 door configurations, I believe it should too. Go after em' gun for gun.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-20-2017, 10:35 AM
Moo

Maybe we'll even get a seven seat option for the Bronco, I think the Everest can seat that many and the old Centurion Classic featured three-row seating.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-23-2017, 10:54 AM

Is there a market for a seven seat Bronco? The old Centurion Classic was called a Suburban fighter back in the day, but we may not have a need for something that large.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-23-2017, 10:57 AM Thread Starter

I don't think it'll really be necessary to have a 7 seater. I feel at that point, it isn't going to be so geared towards the off-road but still street practical vehicle that it should be. Understandable that they can make it for the people that just want a 7 seater but I'm not too sure what the sales would look like for it.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-24-2017, 02:14 PM
Tom

It doesn't make sense to have a 7 seater especially when they have the explorer which does that. Ford is no where near where they need to be to start offering special models like that. If you look at their entire vehicle line up you'll see how detrimental of a move that would be.

This Bronco will sit in the same segment as the FJ Cruiser, end of story.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page