You Can Buy One Today - 2020 Ford Bronco Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-06-2016, 02:06 PM Thread Starter

You Can Buy One Today

Can't wait for a new Bronco? You can buy a new one today -- sort of. A company called ICON re-engineers and fully restores old Broncos. These are COOL rigs.

Here's a video from Jay Leno's Garage:

Drive review from Autoblog:

Icon Bronco

Official website:

ICON4x4 ? ICON BR

Frankly, these will probably be cooler and more durable rigs than any new sixth-gen Bronco...
post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-06-2016, 03:19 PM

EFF these guys...

"We looked around the country and bought ten of the nicest virgin Broncos that we could find all original paint, known history and no modifications, so that in essence it's the best blank canvas we can find."

they're MANGLING the old ones for these.

Think about this... you can buy a driveable and decent used bronco for under $20K... then you need another $150,000 for this upfit...

And that dig at the 6th before it even shows up is nonsensical. The T6 ranger has proven itself to be very durable, and I don't see why the platform shared bronco shouldn't offer the same.

How many Ford Ranger T6 Owners / How many problems - 4x4 Community Forum

post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-07-2016, 10:09 AM

Another one of those vehicles that's built for off roading but nobody would dare put a scratch on it after purchasing one. It's for the very few people who can afford it and are actually interested enough for one.

One option I do like with the Icon Bronco is that you can choose the perfect color for it but that's pretty much it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-07-2016, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckingBronco View Post
Another one of those vehicles that's built for off roading but nobody would dare put a scratch on it after purchasing one. It's for the very few people who can afford it and are actually interested enough for one.

One option I do like with the Icon Bronco is that you can choose the perfect color for it but that's pretty much it.
Thats exactly what annoys the heeeelllll out of me. It takes what was supposed to be a cheap everyman product and turns it into luxury unobtanium for the novelty. While at the same time driving up prices of classic boncos for the cheap everyman.

I said it above I'll say it again EFF These guys.

post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-08-2016, 09:56 AM
Moo

Lol, so much hate for them but understandable. Well kept classic Broncos are now going to be even harder to find and with a larger price tag.
Ford should make a special edition Bronco with the same specs and without the useless things for a lower price. A sort of middle finger to them. I would buy one!
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-08-2016, 01:56 PM
Tom

I'm also against the fact they took perfectly good collectors condition Bronco's and did this to them, would have been better if they took ones that were already in need of a resto. But I guess they might have figured the market for collector quality bronco's in original or restored to OEM spec isn't big.
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-11-2016, 09:46 AM
Moo

But how big of a market will you have for the above beast of a Bronco? Can't imagine anyone really wanting one.
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-11-2016, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
I'm also against the fact they took perfectly good collectors condition Bronco's and did this to them, would have been better if they took ones that were already in need of a resto. But I guess they might have figured the market for collector quality bronco's in original or restored to OEM spec isn't big.
its not that. A full Resto would probabaly add much more to the cost of the resto-mod than just buying one in decent shape.

post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-13-2016, 10:09 AM

For that price, I may as well get a decked out Jeep and still have money left for mod parts.
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-14-2016, 09:38 AM
Moo

Was looking around for how profitable these modded cars are actually worth and a majority of the time, people aren't able to make back the money of the actuoal car and the mods puts into it. Not sure if ICON is part of that category too for most of their vehicles.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page