Is the Bronco Really Back? - Page 3 - 2020 Ford Bronco Forum
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 25 (permalink) Old 12-29-2016, 06:51 AM

Real Capability

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford Bronco News View Post

Well according to some of the most trusted names in the industry, yes it is.

Both the Detroit Free Press and Automotive News are reporting that Ford will use the new found capacity at its Michigan Assembly Plant to build both the Bronco and Ranger.

The Ranger plan is fairly straight forward, build the World Market design Ranger at home, much like GM has done with Colorado and Canyon.

The Bronco however is a more unique situation.

They could build it on the F-150's platform, but that would leave the Bronco in a strange place between the F-150 and the Expedition, how many people need a two-door Expedition sized SUV?

Another potential avenue could be using the World Market Everest truck and sell it alongside the Explorer. It would give Ford a competent rival for the harder hitting Jeep Grand Cherokee and if done well, it could even potentially attack Land Rovers, if the content and capability are there.

What do you think, would you buy a Ford (Bronco) Grand Cherokee?
Umm, No. Grand Cherokees are what trophy wives and architects drive. I want a man's Truck/SUV. Ford produces enough SUVs for women already. I drive a 2015 Lariat SuperCrew FX4 3.5 Eco right now and there are certain things that a 6G Bronco needs to have and be for me to trade that in on my 6th Bronco(2 Bronco IIs and 4 Full Size). Full frame, aluminum body, Twin Turbo and/or Diesel Power, 2-Speed Automatic 4WD transfer case, multi-trim levels and, at the very least, clam shell rear doors like a SuperCab F-150(FJ-40 Land Cruiser). The days of flipping the back of a front seat and squirming into the back have gone the way of the DoDo...
It doesn't "have" to be on the F-Series platform but it needs to "not be" a remodeled Ranger/Everest.

Last edited by ARChris; 12-29-2016 at 06:57 AM.
post #22 of 25 (permalink) Old 12-29-2016, 07:05 AM

Real Capability

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford Bronco News View Post

Well according to some of the most trusted names in the industry, yes it is.

Both the Detroit Free Press and Automotive News are reporting that Ford will use the new found capacity at its Michigan Assembly Plant to build both the Bronco and Ranger.

The Ranger plan is fairly straight forward, build the World Market design Ranger at home, much like GM has done with Colorado and Canyon.

The Bronco however is a more unique situation.

They could build it on the F-150's platform, but that would leave the Bronco in a strange place between the F-150 and the Expedition, how many people need a two-door Expedition sized SUV?

Another potential avenue could be using the World Market Everest truck and sell it alongside the Explorer. It would give Ford a competent rival for the harder hitting Jeep Grand Cherokee and if done well, it could even potentially attack Land Rovers, if the content and capability are there.

What do you think, would you buy a Ford (Bronco) Grand Cherokee?
Umm, No. Grand Cherokees are what trophy wives and architects drive. I want a man's Truck/SUV. Ford produces enough SUVs for women already. I drive a 2015 Lariat SuperCrew FX4 3.5 Eco right now and there are certain things that a 6G Bronco needs to have and be for me to trade that in on my 5th Bronco(2 Bronco IIs and 3 Full Size). Full frame, aluminum body, Twin Turbo and/or Diesel Power, 2-Speed Automatic 4WD transfer case, multi-trim levels and, at the very least, clam shell rear doors like a SuperCab F-150(FJ-40 Land Cruiser). The days of flipping the back of a front seat and squirming into the back have gone the way of the DoDo...
It doesn't "have" to be built on the F-Series Platform but it need "not be" a re-skinned Ranger/Everest.

Last edited by ARChris; 12-29-2016 at 07:07 AM.
post #23 of 25 (permalink) Old 12-29-2016, 01:24 PM
Moo

I would like to see the Bronco on a F-series platform too but that's a broad generalization of who a Grand Cherokee driver is... considering the Bronco is going to be built alongside the Ranger, I won't be surprised to see the Ranger's underpinnings.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 25 (permalink) Old 12-30-2016, 07:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moo View Post
I would like to see the Bronco on a F-series platform too but that's a broad generalization of who a Grand Cherokee driver is... considering the Bronco is going to be built alongside the Ranger, I won't be surprised to see the Ranger's underpinnings.
A broad generalization is all that it was as I did leave out mid-level Business Executives and female Real Estate Agents LOL.
In all seriousness though, a hatchback/lift gate is unacceptable. A true "Bronco" needs to bridge an F-150 and an Expedition/Explorer therefore it must have a true tailgate that can flip down and/or swing out. Again, the 6G Bronco needs to have a good amount of F-Series DNA to be successful. I clung to the Explorer/Mountaineer platform(I owned both) until they went unibody and even then, they were a pathetic compromise to my good old Broncos. Ford's reasoning for bringing back the Bronco is to compete directly with the Jeep Wrangler and no one that owns a Wrangler is drooling over the Everest. If the 6G Bronco is to be a success then it can't be a "Bronco" badged grocery getter. If it is then I'll be buying a 14th gen. F-Series instead and the Bronco rebirth will be DOA.
Moo likes this.
post #25 of 25 (permalink) Old 12-30-2016, 11:32 AM
Moo

Hopefully, autoevolution is right about the next gen bronco and it'll use a body-on-frame configuration instead of a unibody platform. Less noise, vibration and harshness in the ride.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page