Ford Bronco List Of Expectations - 2020 Ford Bronco Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-12-2018, 04:11 PM Thread Starter

Ford Bronco List Of Expectations

Ford has been leaving crumbs of information about their new Bronco from time to time, speculations run rampant online and the old concept model is even making an appearance in the upcoming movie Rampage. Ahead of its debut, MotorTrend has compiled a list of what we can expect to see once Ford finally unveils the 2020 Bronco.

Of course we’ll have to start with the prototype that was teased earlier this year.
Though it is hidden under a tarp, the general outline of its body shines through and we can clearly see the vehicle’s “squared-off two-box shape”, similar to the original model. There’s a full sized spare tire mounted to the tailgate, flared fenders, high wheel arches, large side mirrors jutting out and a gently raked windscreen.

Supporting the frame could be a platform borrowed from the new Ranger midsize pickup that’s going to be built at the Wayne, Michigan, production plant, which is where the Bronco will be built as well. Makes sense to save on costs and have the body-on-frame Bronco share a platform.

We can also expect to see it offered in both two and four-door configurations, though there is a stronger case for four-doors. Just look at the Jeep Wrangler Unlimited and how well that variant is selling compared to the two-door.

Under the hood could be a 2.3-liter turbo-four engine and maybe even a twin-turbo V-6 later down the road. The former is likely to be paired with a 10-speed automatic transmission and maybe a six-speed manual if Ford sees a demand for it. Combined with four-wheel drive, Fox Shox suspension, locking rear differential, limited-slip front differential, Dana axles and the Bronco is ready to tear through the dunes. This is all purely speculation of course, and the only thing we’re sure of is a hybrid variant that Ford has previously confirmed.

Once on sale, we can expect to see pricing start at $30,000 with a loaded model almost hitting $50,000.
post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-20-2018, 03:08 PM

It looks like some artists over at Road & Track have attempted an uncovering of Ford's teaser image. I definitely wouldn't mind seeing something similar to this in the production model. Fingers crossed that they try and offer it in a convertible.
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-02-2018, 10:21 AM

I really like the looks of that rendering, and I hope that Ford maintains the boxy styling of the original. I saw some other concept artwork that made it look far too much like the Ecosport. I second a convertible option.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-08-2018, 10:21 AM

There is probably zero chance that we'll see this come with a manual gearbox huh? Perhaps Ford is at least considering it, if they truly want it to rival that of the Wrangler. They cant afford not to offer any options that are available on the segment leader.
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-09-2018, 10:18 AM

A manual would be great, and fingers crossed its an option on the two door model at least. I can understand that it probably wont be popular in the full size model, as that's looking to be much more like a traditional SUV.
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-09-2018, 02:13 PM
Tom

As per usual with car makers offering higher volume products like this we should at least see a base model get a manual transmission. If not it could do more harm than good for the Bronco. Can't bring a product back by keeping options limited.
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-10-2018, 10:06 AM

I really wish automakers would stop restricting manuals to baseline trims. Some people want luxury features with their stick shift car. Wholeheartedly agree that Ford is going to have to take some risks with the Bronco if they want it to be successful.
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-10-2018, 10:40 AM
Moo

With the kind of cars the Bronco will have to compete with, Ford should release a manual gearbox for every trim as standard and offer automatic as an option. Mainly because of the crowd they're trying to attract and the manual is a bit more affordable too. But it's hard to say when the industry as a whole is slowly killing of the manual transmission.
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-11-2018, 10:09 AM

We really only see manual as the default transmission on sports models, so I don't know how likely we are to see that on the Bronco. Ford will have to realize that off road oriented models a lot of the time are preferred with a manual transmission by enthusiasts. Although I will admit that the Terrain Management System that they placed in the Raptor looks pretty impressive.
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-12-2018, 01:03 PM

I highly doubt that a manual will be coming as standard either, and Ford would be foolish to omit the option altogether. That's going to have an impact on the engine selection as well wont it? Most of the Ecoboosts are paired to 10 speed tranny's.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page