2020 Ford Bronco Speculation Rundown - 2020 Ford Bronco Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-22-2018, 03:00 PM Thread Starter

2020 Ford Bronco Speculation Rundown

There’s still a while to wait before Ford finally debuts the next generation Bronco in 2020 and even longer until they start appearing on showroom floors. While Ford has been keeping the Bronco specs under wraps, fans and automotive publications has come up with their own speculations to fill in the holes.

What we can expect to see is a somewhat boxy body frame, paying homage to its predecessor even though the new vehicle is rumored to ditch the two/three-door configuration for a four/five-door setup. The forum even has a dedicated thread for renderings of what the production model could look like in various door configurations and colors. As for the interior layout, it’ll most likely look similar to what you’d find in a Ford truck.

Hiding under the mid-size SUV’s hood may be a few straight sixes and V8s. Perhaps we’ll even see the rumored 325 horsepower, 2.7-liter EcoBoost V6 unit already being used on the Fusion Sport sedan. CarScoops thinks we’ll likely see the V6 or a turbo four under the hood, combined with a ten-speed automatic transmission and four-wheel drive.

When the Bronco does finally debut, it’ll have to face off against the likes of the Jeep Wrangler and Toyota 4Runner. We’ll see how the new Bronco fairs in comparison when it comes out as a 2020 or 2021 model.
post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-26-2018, 04:27 AM
Tom

The biggest benefit to seeing this concept will it being not too crazy of a concept and more closer to a production model. But those crazy wheel wells have me thinking twice about that.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-26-2018, 03:05 PM

Really excited to see whatever the "baby Bronco' concept is. I've been waiting for a properly equipped off road CUV, and it does look like the concept out of Toyota will be making it to production. I wasn't expecting hybrid powertrain options to be available so early on, but they're welcomed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-27-2018, 04:13 PM
Tom

I think what they might be after is line up similar to what Jeep has where you can still get a small off-roader but at the same time something completely dedicated for city driving like the Compass
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-03-2018, 02:52 PM
Moo

Large wheel wells doesn't mean they won't make it into production, especially when it comes to off-road models like the upcoming Bronco. They need that extra clearance space in case owner's want larger tires or go onto challenge trails without bottoming out. Quite excited to see it fully uncovered because those proportions makes it look like a two door.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-05-2018, 01:09 PM
Tom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moo View Post
Large wheel wells doesn't mean they won't make it into production, especially when it comes to off-road models like the upcoming Bronco. They need that extra clearance space in case owner's want larger tires or go onto challenge trails without bottoming out. Quite excited to see it fully uncovered because those proportions makes it look like a two door.
No but what it does indicate is the fact that we won't be seeing a production version right away or anything that will properly represent it. So in a way we still have more waiting to do.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-24-2018, 12:51 PM
Moo

IS that what large wheel wells or indicative of? Not really something I've heard before but there is definitely going to be a long wait since it's planned for a 2020 or 2021 release. We probably won't see a concept until later this year and a production model next year.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-30-2018, 06:13 AM
Tom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moo View Post
IS that what large wheel wells or indicative of? Not really something I've heard before but there is definitely going to be a long wait since it's planned for a 2020 or 2021 release. We probably won't see a concept until later this year and a production model next year.
Wheel travel is important and that might be the case here, it might just be for pure styling and nothing more. However with the way things are going at Ford I can see them targeting the off-road market. I have yet to see a boring Ford product.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-01-2018, 01:52 PM
Moo

Ford is planing a hybrid Bronco! Seems like Ford has confirmed this with Car And Driver, so that's probably what I'll wait for instead of springing for the initial gas/diesel models. Since Jeep is coming out with the hybrid Wrangler by the time the Bronco is released, it would make sense for Ford to take this route.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-10-2018, 09:12 AM

Is this a full blown hybrid or a mild hybrid which is basically a battery instead of an alternator? Odd that they have announced this variant prior to the Ranger, as it seems like they are going to share a lot of components, and the Ranger will be hitting the market first.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page