Ford Bronco Concept Cameo In The Rock’s Movie - 2020 Ford Bronco Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-22-2017, 03:36 PM Thread Starter

Ford Bronco Concept Cameo In The Rock’s Movie

It may not be the new Bronco we’re hoping for, but the old Ford Bronco concept will be making a cameo in the Rock’s upcoming film Rampage.

Hitting theaters on April 20 this year, Rampage is based on the classic 1980's arcade game where players control three gigantic monsters and try to raze the city to the ground. What better vehicle to feature in this resurrected golden age game than the Bronco concept that piqued the interest of enthusiasts?

Appearing at the 2004 North American International Auto Show, the Bronco revival was a much anticipated one with the original badge discontinued back in mid-to late 1996. It was a beauty encased in an aluminum body, sporting a rugged box-like roof line, round headlamps, and a short wheelbase.

When the concept was introduced, a 2.0-liter turbodiesel inline-four engine was sitting under the hood and it was paired with a six-speed manual transmission. Twelve years have passed since then and we’re more likely to see a turbocharged EcoBoost V6 in the new Bronco, perhaps we’ll see an output in excess of 300 horsepower.

Though some may take this appearance as a sign that the Bronco’s newest iteration will take after the old concept, a Ford spokeswoman has denied such an assumption when questioned by Fox; “it does not represent the future Bronco beyond sharing the iconic Bronco name.”
post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-22-2017, 04:33 PM

Even if it doesn't represent the upcoming Bronco, it'll give people something to see and think about. That there is a new Bronco coming and they should stay tuned for it.

I wouldn't be surprised if the same 2.0l turbodiesel is still in there though. Especially for a movie, they have no reason to swap it out as it won't make any difference at all.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-23-2017, 03:32 PM

That's pretty cool and it seems Ford is pushing more into the movies at this point which is smart. Wonder how many examples were built for the movie production as I'm sure there's not just that one.

We probably won't even know what engine is there anyhow, even the engine and exhaust sounds that we'd hear in the movie would probably be sound generated like majority of the movies out there.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-25-2017, 04:33 AM
Moo

That Bronco would have been right at home in the Jurassic world movie from last year because it's riddled with off-road worthy cars. Even the first one had Wranglers.

But I won't watch the movie just to see the concept model.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-26-2017, 01:12 PM

Definitely go to watch the movie just to see the concept model. I'll just wait and see the snippet on Youtube if I REALLY want to see it.

Either way I'm sure a lot of the automotive publications out there will do their part and write-up articles on the movie scenes where you can see it anyhow
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-18-2017, 01:45 PM
Tom

it will be a great opportunity since I bet they have at least 4-5 examples of that Bronco running around so seeing it used in action will be very possible, rather than being one example (the concept) that they treat with a lot of care. Often these productions require many vehicles.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-23-2017, 10:50 AM

Well from the most recent information leaked out, I guess this concept isn't what the new Bronco is going to be focused on, but more so on the Troller concept.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-24-2017, 08:04 PM
Tom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfalfa View Post
Well from the most recent information leaked out, I guess this concept isn't what the new Bronco is going to be focused on, but more so on the Troller concept.
Design just better look not as euro-inspired and include enough of the classic lines we seen in this concept.
Toyota proved that it can be done, just look at the FJ Cruiser, you can see a lot of the FJ40 in it all while staying modern.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page