Ford Bronco Is Coming In 2020 - 2020 Ford Bronco Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-10-2017, 03:25 PM Thread Starter

Ford Bronco Is Coming In 2020

We already knew Ford was going to bring back the Bronco thanks to Trump, now the automaker has announced the midsize SUVís release date at the 2017 North American International Auto Show in Detroit.

Beyond that, no further details were provided during the presentation. When Executive Vice President Joe Hinrichs spoke about the 2019 ford Ranger pickup on stage, footage of a European-market Ranger, but when it was the Broncoís turn all anyone saw was a large logo on the screen.

Luckily, Road And Track spoke with Hinrichs and managed to wrangle a few more details about the much anticipated Bronco.

The new Bronco wonít be the large 4x4 enthusiasts know and love, itíll be sitting on the new Rangerís frame. Largely based off of the Ranger thatís already being sold in Europe, we can look towards that model for dimension expectations. The European Ranger has a 126.8-inch wheelbase and is 73.2-inches wide. Or if the Bronco takes after the four-door Super Cab, it could have an overall length of 211.1 inches.

Nothing more specific was provided, though one Redditor who claims to be a designer at Fordís Product Development Center in Dearborn said that itíll be similar to the current Ford Everest. But we canít put too much stock in an anonymous source.

Weíll just have to wait for an official spec release from Ford once the 2020 release date approaches.
post #2 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-11-2017, 10:32 AM
Moo

Maybe they haven't revealed the Bronco design yet because Ford is taking in older generation owners' suggestions and are still in the design process. Basing the Bronco on the Ranger platform shouldn't be too bad, it's pretty close to the older F150's dimensions.
post #3 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-11-2017, 10:57 AM

I've heard that they were already testing though so there has to be some sort of pre-production. That being said, with all the car paparazzi or whatever you call em' , I find it real weird that we haven't seen spy shots.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-12-2017, 10:39 AM

Maybe they haven't started testing the Bronco in the real world yet and that's why it has been so quiet. Think the Redditor is really an employee of Ford? If they are right, we could see a Bronco with the same side profile as the Everest, but with an updated front and rear.
post #5 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-12-2017, 10:54 AM

I'm kind of iffy on that too. Why would a designer be sitting down on Reddit trying to give out info and what not? Doesn't make sense to me.

In regards to real world, I heard that it was testing on actual roads.
post #6 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-18-2017, 10:36 AM
Moo

Where did you hear about the real road testing? Was under the assumption that Ford was still in the power-train or exterior design phase and nothing is really set in stone yet.
post #7 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-19-2017, 10:59 AM

I'm an idiot, I re-read a few articles and it says that they have mules testing in Australia ... not testing on roads in Australia. Totally my bad.

Specifically one article I found from November 16'.

I apologize!

Report: Next-gen Bronco being developed by Ford Australia | Autoweek
post #8 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-19-2017, 11:09 AM

So they could be in the process of testing the chassis and powertrains with a mule body. Ford is further along than I originally imagined and the first spy photos should come from Australia. Can't imagine a better place than Australia to test a Bronco since it has a wide variety biogeographic regions.
post #9 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-19-2017, 02:51 PM
Tom

If you combine that with the Ranger, then we can say that testing has been going on for a long time.

And for all we know there are Rangers on public roads which aren't owned by individuals but instead by Ford, and it's not a regular Ranger but instead a test mule for the Ranger and Bronco we will get.

Anyone here in a market that gets the Ranger should try getting in some seat time.
post #10 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-27-2017, 12:05 PM

Ford doesn't seem to be doing too well this year, at least not according to their first-quarter profit. They're expecting lower earnings per share in the first quarter and lower pretax profit in 2017. They need to release something that'll help them bounce back and the Bronco could be it. Think this will motivate Ford to move up the Bronco production date?

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page