Gateway To A Restored Bronco - 2020 Ford Bronco Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-22-2016, 09:35 AM Thread Starter

Gateway To A Restored Bronco

The Ford Bronco’s fan base is stronger than ever and interest in the discontinued vehicle has been on the rise, especially with the recent interest in O.J. Simpson’s 1993 Ford Bronco. Last one to roll of the assembly line was in 1996 at a Michigan plant and since then there have been rumors of the Bronco making a return. We still don’t have a concrete announcement from Ford on the matter and enthusiasts may not be able to wait that long for a next Gen Bronco.

Seth Burgett is one such enthusiast and he’s launched a business around the needs of Bronco fans.
Burgett will scour the United States for first-gen models in good condition that he can restore and modernize. His business, Gateway Bronco, will update the first gen Broncos mechanically and the interior will be refurbished, all within a two month timeframe.

Buyers can choose between three versions of the original Bronco and all of them will come with 5-year, bumper-to-bumper warranties.

For $80,000 you can get the Fuelie, a first gen Bronco with a new Ford Coyote 302-cubic-inch V8 powertrain and you can repaint it in whatever color you want along with a leather refurbished interior.

The Survivor model may go for $120,000 but the original paint and patina will be preserved along with a new Ford Coyote 302-cubic-inch V8 engine, leather interior, four-wheel disc brakes and more.

Or if you have a bit more to spend, maybe the Warrior will be of interest. It comes with the Ford Coyote powertrain but you’ll also be getting four-link suspension, Wilwood brakes, heated seats with custom leather and a few more additions.

Is anyone interested?
Old 06-23-2016, 01:49 PM
Tom

Looking forward to seeing what that's like but so far i have my mind set on going to Icon since they make the sort of changes to Bronco's that's in line to what i'm looking for, and it doesn't stop at Bronco's, they do a number of other vehicles

Old 06-29-2016, 01:58 PM

Those look pretty cool. Giving them a bit of modern styling but maintaining that retro look to em. Wouldn't mind doing that instead ...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-24-2016, 07:08 PM

Icon is nice but that seems to be geared towards making super powered Broncos whereas gateway is more for restoration and staying close to the original Bronco which is what I like.
Old 07-28-2016, 05:25 PM
Tom

All depends on what you want really, some people will gravitate more towards what Icon can offer and others will just keep its simple and get a Bronco from Burgett.

One big discouraging factor with Icon is price, they aren't cheap, but well worth it.
Old 08-07-2016, 06:01 PM

Can't they just restore an old bronco and not add the bells and whistles? Like it came from the factory.
Old 08-12-2016, 03:28 PM
Tom

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckingBronco View Post
Can't they just restore an old bronco and not add the bells and whistles? Like it came from the factory.
They probably would, I doubt they'll turn you down but clearly what they're after and known for is what we're seeing here. Everyone knows a straight up resto can be done but this is more of a unique offering to the market.
Old 08-26-2016, 08:55 AM

Definitely. A lot of people appreciate the "modernization" of them as well and there's good money in the trade when you can do it properly. Clearly these guys can which is why they've developed the name for themselves.
Old 09-05-2016, 08:38 PM

I'm sure there are others out there who would prefer a more up to date Bronco but to me, restoration mean to bring it to it's former glory and leave it at that.
Old 09-07-2016, 09:10 AM

For sure, people will always have their preferences and there's nothing wrong with that. It's just whoever is better at doing something will do what they do best.