Put a deposit down - 2020 Ford Bronco Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-22-2018, 09:56 PM Thread Starter

Put a deposit down

No kidding. We did this with the 2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser (well really March 2006). Just gave a dealer $500 deposit to be the start of the "list) for a 202x Bronco. Agreed to loaded/MSRP.

We haven't bought a new car in 12 years. When we did this with the FJ, we probably waited 12-18months. I assume we won't know any details till January 2019 at the earliest (Detroit Auto Show)

A Raptorized, 3.5 Ecoboost, solid axle, 4 door (or 1/2 rear doors) would be my dream... Hopefully we see some of that!

Game on.
post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-27-2018, 02:07 PM

Welcome to the forum man, glad to hear that the new Bronco has peaked your interest. I'm assuming at this point there aren't any trim levels or options to choose from? Seeing as how you've owned an FJ, I guess you're hoping the Bronco has good off road capability.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-28-2018, 06:43 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abraham View Post
Welcome to the forum man, glad to hear that the new Bronco has peaked your interest. I'm assuming at this point there aren't any trim levels or options to choose from? Seeing as how you've owned an FJ, I guess you're hoping the Bronco has good off road capability.
No clue, Only thing we know is we would be first at this dealership. I am hoping that is a strong off roader and truly competes with the Jeep Rubicon. We have no idea on MSRP, options, trim.

If I could dream
Raptorized Bronco, solid axles, super low range, lockers front and rear, body on frame, 4 doors, 3.5 Ecoboost with 10spd Auto, Factory winch option,

I assume we will get a small portion...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-30-2018, 05:25 AM
Tom

Must be one of the highest volume selling dealers around for that to be the case, rarely have a I seen any brand do otherwise, unless it was for some historical reason. Thankfully the Ranger is coming over which could provide insight on the new Bronco, they're bound to share some vital components.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-03-2018, 09:22 AM

Well I hope that Ford doesn't make the same mistake they did with the Ranger and only offer it with one powertrain. I know they are simply trying to reduce risk with a new platform, but I cant help but wonder what a more powerful engine (or manual transmission) would have done for their sales.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-03-2018, 09:56 AM

You sir, are a brave and adventurous soul. I assume it's a refundable deposit because we really have no idea what Ford is going to hit us with and that's probably why I'm not doing something similar to you.
Do wish I went for the FJ Cruiser when I still had the chance a few years back. Going to keep the FJ when your Bronco arrives?
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-07-2018, 02:17 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckingBronco View Post
You sir, are a brave and adventurous soul. I assume it's a refundable deposit because we really have no idea what Ford is going to hit us with and that's probably why I'm not doing something similar to you.
Do wish I went for the FJ Cruiser when I still had the chance a few years back. Going to keep the FJ when your Bronco arrives?
Yep, taking our chances on $500 non refundable deposit. I am confident that demand will be high though, and I could likely resell it, but for $500 it wouldn't be worth the effort.

Probably keep the FJ, don't know why though. Both our vehicles accumulate less than 20,000 miles a year COMBINED. The FJ at 12 years has 130k and 1/2 of those were put on in the first 4 years. The last 8 have put on 70k miles. The Prius as 70k in 7 years.

Doesn't cost much to keep a 3rd vehicle around for visitors or maintenance... Probably drop collision off the FJ in the next year or two. I think I could probably get $7-10k pretty easy for it though.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-07-2018, 09:15 AM

You wont have any issues finding a buyer for that FJ, as I'm sure you're aware of how high the resale value is for it. It might be worth waiting to see just how off road capable the new Bronco is before deciding on that though. I really hope those early rumors around a Raptor variant prove true.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-21-2018, 11:34 AM

I'm glad to hear someone else have the confidence in Ford that I have. I haven't made that level of commitment but I do think Ford is going to do it justice. The Bronco heritage is just as significant as the Mustang and F-series and we know Ford does their homework in the R&D on those two nameplates.

I'm curious if the dealer advertised this or was this your brainchild? What did the dealer say? Do you have a relationship with them? I need to know more!!!!!!

Check out my Bronco Logic YouTube Channel!
1996 Wht Sport MAF/OBD II 466
1996 Wht KR 351-4" & 33's 1996 Blue EB 351-32's 1996 Wht/Tan 351-Stock 1995 Blk XLT 351 1994 Blk EB 302-Stock SOLD 30 others....
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-14-2018, 10:17 PM

Is the OP ever coming back? I really want to hear more about his deposit.

Check out my Bronco Logic YouTube Channel!
1996 Wht Sport MAF/OBD II 466
1996 Wht KR 351-4" & 33's 1996 Blue EB 351-32's 1996 Wht/Tan 351-Stock 1995 Blk XLT 351 1994 Blk EB 302-Stock SOLD 30 others....

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page