Stoked - 2020 Ford Bronco Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-23-2018, 12:35 PM Thread Starter

Stoked

Hey guys,

Just wanted to say hello as a new member. I'm a huge fan of the original Bronco and I couldn't be more excited that Ford has chosen to revive it. Although information and specs are relatively scarce at this point, I'm looking forward to speculating and learning more about this concept with you guys!
post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-23-2018, 02:56 PM
Tom

Welcome to the forum!

are there any things on your wishlist for the new Bronco?
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-27-2018, 02:46 PM Thread Starter

I mean as unlikely as it is, it would be nice if we were getting a convertible/ removable top option like in the originals. I can already tell from the concepts however, that this has been styled more as an SUV.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-29-2018, 04:24 PM
Tom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abraham View Post
I mean as unlikely as it is, it would be nice if we were getting a convertible/ removable top option like in the originals. I can already tell from the concepts however, that this has been styled more as an SUV.
That would be nice but of course a long shot. Instead I think we will get a panoramic roof which while sin't the same, its the best an SUV like this can get. If they can have it on the Edge then then Bronco can have it.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-20-2018, 01:48 PM

We're more likely to see removable roof panels than a full out removable top. Ford seems to be set on toning down the new Bronco to someone more acceptable to a wider range of buyers. Makes sense if they want to make more money and sell more cars. Not too big of a loss so long as the performance meets expectations.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-06-2018, 01:29 PM
Tom

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckingBronco View Post
We're more likely to see removable roof panels than a full out removable top. Ford seems to be set on toning down the new Bronco to someone more acceptable to a wider range of buyers. Makes sense if they want to make more money and sell more cars. Not too big of a loss so long as the performance meets expectations.
It think what Jeep did was set what will be a trend in the industry which should soon be followed up by other car makers. I can see Toyota doing it and even Chevrolet once they come out with a new Trax.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-13-2018, 01:03 PM

We'll soon find out for Toyota because I heard the new Rav4 may have a more off-road friendly trim. Ford is still keeping very quiet about the new Bronco and we may not even heard anything until the plant retooling is completed later this year.
Or perhaps it'll be similar to what's already offered with the new Ranger that's also going to be built in the same plant.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-13-2018, 01:17 PM Thread Starter

If that Raptor variant of the Bronco comes to fruition then we should see a very capable off road truck. I don't know if there is any truth to those rumours tho, and hopefully its more of a step up then what Ford has showcased on the new Ranger.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-17-2018, 11:41 PM
Moo

I think it's just rumors for now since Ford hasn't come out with any other Raptor variant outside of pickups. But it would definitely give the Wrangler a run for its money if that was the case.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-19-2018, 01:30 PM
Tom

At the very least they should come out with an ST version of it like they did with the Ford Edge. Across the board in a number of segments its a strategy that has worked out well for them.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page