Possible Competition ? - Page 9 - 2020 Ford Bronco Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #81 of 87 (permalink) Old 11-12-2017, 09:14 AM
Tom

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckingBronco View Post
Or Ford can give us what we really want, something similar to the 2017 Toyota 4Runner instead of another utility crossover. Something special to live up to its rough-and-tough SUV predecessors. Maybe even a Raptor version!
That I would like to see since the Ranger sort of does it already and its long been said that the ranger could share a lot with the next generation Bronco.
Right now that will be the best way to position it, don't know any alternatives but that's what most Ford fans can agree on.
post #82 of 87 (permalink) Old 11-30-2017, 09:39 AM

Toyota finally revealed the FT-AC concept and it's a looker. Perhaps something those who can't wait for the Bronco may spring for if it does go into production soon. It's name is short for "Future Toyota Adventure Concept" so I assume production is very likely at this point.
post #83 of 87 (permalink) Old 12-03-2017, 09:27 PM
Tom

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckingBronco View Post
Toyota finally revealed the FT-AC concept and it's a looker. Perhaps something those who can't wait for the Bronco may spring for if it does go into production soon. It's name is short for "Future Toyota Adventure Concept" so I assume production is very likely at this point.
To me it just seems like an off-road version of the Highlander which if the FT-AC comes to market could very well be a TRD Highlander that takes on an effect similar to the RAM Rebel. Aside from that i'm not sure where else we can expect anything even as close.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #84 of 87 (permalink) Old 12-04-2017, 10:14 AM

I wonder if we will see the same amount of modern features in the FT-AC's production model. I think a lot of potential buyers of Highlander won't be interested in FT-AC just because it was targeted on the younger generation and a lot of those features don't make any sense for a regular car enthusiast.
post #85 of 87 (permalink) Old 12-29-2017, 03:10 PM
Tom

Quote:
Originally Posted by bestdeal View Post
I wonder if we will see the same amount of modern features in the FT-AC's production model. I think a lot of potential buyers of Highlander won't be interested in FT-AC just because it was targeted on the younger generation and a lot of those features don't make any sense for a regular car enthusiast.
People buy the Highlander because they want more in an SUV otherwise buying a RAV4 would be on their radar. So already these are people that are primed for an upsell just as long as value is clear. Its much like what happened with the RAM Rebel. The RAM 1500 community and other similar trucks always had owners going for off-road theme's and RAM just made it available from the factory for once.
post #86 of 87 (permalink) Old 01-27-2018, 02:52 PM

Well rumor has it that the Toyota FT-AC concept is actually the new Rav4. Its been indicated that the FT-AC is supposed to be much more capable off road than that of the FT-4X.
post #87 of 87 (permalink) Old 07-05-2019, 05:15 PM

I’d say here’s the competition:

Jeep Wrangler or Grand Cherokee
Toyota 4Runner

Toyota stopped making the FJ Cruiser in 2014 and likely aren’t bringing it back and that FX thing is probably going to stay a concept vehicle.

Chevy brought the Blazer back but not as an off road capable SUV but another crossover, and one that looks like an Equinox and a Camaro has an ugly child.

Maybe after they see how well the new Bronco does, they’ll bring back the TrailBlazer name and make it what many hoped the new Blazer would be.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page