Possible Competition ? - Page 5 - 2020 Ford Bronco Forum
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #41 of 87 (permalink) Old 04-27-2017, 12:52 PM
Moo
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 260
How often does Toyota scrap concept and never move them into production? If the numbers are statistically low, we could be seeing the FT-4X later on.
Moo is offline  
post #42 of 87 (permalink) Old 04-28-2017, 12:04 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 93
They are statistically low which makes this seem very much so believable.

Just a matter of when. Which they should really push to get in around Bronco reveal season
Jeff is offline  
post #43 of 87 (permalink) Old 05-03-2017, 12:44 PM
Moo
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 260
Didn't Toyota say the FT-4X concept is 75% production ready? If they really wanted to, a 2019 reveal isn't too big of a stretch. In time to compete with the Bronco.
Moo is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #44 of 87 (permalink) Old 05-05-2017, 12:31 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 190
Ah, I wouldn't go as far as to say that. Just because it's 75% production ready doesn't justify how long the remainder 25% will be to iron out and get put up. They could start testing them and realize a lot of it won't work and have to go back to the drawing boards and delay time.
Alfalfa is offline  
post #45 of 87 (permalink) Old 05-18-2017, 01:30 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 232
Maybe that's what's happening with the Bronco. It's sharing a chassis with the Everest, but the bodywork is taking them a long time.
BuckingBronco is offline  
post #46 of 87 (permalink) Old 05-18-2017, 01:54 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 190
The only reason I can think of a Bronco delay is due to testing and trying to make things work. If it weren't for issues, we should have seen spy shots or some sort of info by now at least?
Alfalfa is offline  
post #47 of 87 (permalink) Old 05-22-2017, 12:22 AM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 93
It could be anything. Maybe they don't think the market is ready for it yet. Maybe they have other things they need to put out first. They have a diesel F-150, hybrid Mustang and F-150 in the pipeline, they have other products that may take priority.
Jeff is offline  
post #48 of 87 (permalink) Old 05-23-2017, 01:34 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 232
I assume they're putting more time into the 2019 Ranger for now since it's due to be released one year before the Bronco. Not great for us fans who are always waiting for the next bit of news if Ford is hiding what they have for the Bronco so far.
BuckingBronco is offline  
post #49 of 87 (permalink) Old 05-24-2017, 12:26 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 93
True.. and for the people that heard something about it before and don't see anything for a long enough period, they'll be moving on onto other products. The thing about seeing spy shots or leaks of any information, it keeps the product relevant and in the mind of the consumers.
Jeff is offline  
post #50 of 87 (permalink) Old 05-25-2017, 01:12 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 232
It has been so quite on Ford's end, I'm hoping they have a completed concept vehicle to show us sometime this year. At least give us a reminder that the Bronco is indeed coming or else people may lose interest and move on to competitors because there are other options out there.
BuckingBronco is offline  
Reply

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome