Velocity Restorations '73 Bronco - 2020 Ford Bronco Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-14-2018, 09:55 AM Thread Starter

Velocity Restorations '73 Bronco

I know that we had another thread for classic Bronco's, but this one really deserves its own. More than 1,500 hours we're spent getting this 1973 to its current form and I have to say that the final product is immaculate. 300 hours alone we're just spent on metal work, repairing any rust and blemishes on the frame, and fixing any panel alignment issues. They dropped in a 5.0l V8 for good measure and a whole new custom upholstery. Should you opt to have a vehicle built by them, they send out weekly build sheets that detail everything that's being done along the way. You're going to have to pay a premium for this attention to detail though, as this specific model is retailing for $229,000.
post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-14-2018, 05:03 PM
Tom

This would be idea for those rich middle eastern countries but aside from that these won't likely sell anywhere else. How much do you think the average joe can replicate this experience for?
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-15-2018, 12:19 PM

So basically only celebs and the 1% is going to be able to buy into one of these restomods. I can see how incredible the quality of their work is, but for the same money you could buy into a high end supercar.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-18-2018, 09:55 AM

This is crazy money to spend on a Bronco, regardless of how involved the restoration was. While some might consider it blasphemy, I'm a bit surprised that we aren't seeing more electric conversions. Those have become pretty popular on classic models.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-19-2018, 10:02 AM

You would have to be pretty electrically inclined to attempt one of those conversions yourself. But I have seen people take a similar approach with old Honda's and VW's. There are actually some companies that offer full blown conversion kits depending on the car. EV Conversion Kits, EV West - Electric Vehicle Parts, Components, EVSE Charging Stations, Electric Car Conversion Kits
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-19-2018, 08:17 PM
Tom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxx View Post
This is crazy money to spend on a Bronco, regardless of how involved the restoration was. While some might consider it blasphemy, I'm a bit surprised that we aren't seeing more electric conversions. Those have become pretty popular on classic models.
Tell me about it. This is why i've always been a fan of build that start off with a derelict Bronco/Toyota FJ/___(your favorite classic SUV)____ and builds it to standards that is within reach of the average joe. In the end its often a $40,000-60,000 build out the door at max.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-20-2018, 09:42 AM Thread Starter

I mean I wouldn't buy it, but I can guarantee you that someone will. So long as there are people willing to drop this kind of money on a restomod, companies will continue to make them. There is something to be said about the value of a classic Bronco with modern day reliability.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-21-2018, 06:56 PM
Tom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abraham View Post
I mean I wouldn't buy it, but I can guarantee you that someone will. So long as there are people willing to drop this kind of money on a restomod, companies will continue to make them. There is something to be said about the value of a classic Bronco with modern day reliability.
There is an increasing amount of wealthy people in income brackets that allow for such purchases especially ones that get more bespoke like this.
Actually, most decent entry-level superars go for the same price and those are selling in high numbers... so people with money for it are around.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-24-2018, 09:47 AM

We've seen other restored models go for much more reasonable prices, so it really just depends on what you're looking for. With the hours that's been put into this restoration you know everything has been meticulously looked after.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page