Bronco Ground Clearance? - 2020 Ford Bronco Forum
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-25-2015, 04:28 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 74
Bronco Ground Clearance?

Ford made the world market Ranger a capable little truck...

The new Ford Ranger that you can't have

With 9 inches of ground clearance, the '15 Ranger is able to traverse water up to 31 inches deep.



Garcia is offline  
post #2 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-26-2015, 10:54 AM
Moo
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 260
9 inches seems about right. I don't think there was any mention of the height clearance for the 2004 Bronco concept car but it looks similar to the Ranger and the older Bronco models had 7.8 (rear axle) and 8.1 (front axle) inches of ground clearance before they were discontinued.
Moo is offline  
post #3 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-26-2015, 04:28 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moo View Post
9 inches seems about right. I don't think there was any mention of the height clearance for the 2004 Bronco concept car but it looks similar to the Ranger and the older Bronco models had 7.8 (rear axle) and 8.1 (front axle) inches of ground clearance before they were discontinued.
I dont think the old bronco concept is significant whatsoever.



Garcia is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-27-2015, 11:04 AM
Moo
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 260
It's really not but it's all I have until Ford releases a rendering or more info about the 6g Bronco because everything is speculation at this point.
You could very well be right and the new Bronco could have 9 inches of ground clearance. Would be great if it could go into water that's 31 inches deep too.
Moo is offline  
post #5 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-27-2015, 12:22 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moo View Post
It's really not but it's all I have until Ford releases a rendering or more info about the 6g Bronco because everything is speculation at this point.
You could very well be right and the new Bronco could have 9 inches of ground clearance. Would be great if it could go into water that's 31 inches deep too.
well no. the ranger is the best benchmark we have right now because A) its actually in production currently and B) the Detroit Free Press published that Ford would build the Bronco and Ranger in Michigan under the new UAW contract, which for all intents and purposes is a tenuous confirmation that the two will share a platform.

Jobs, plant investment cornerstone of Ford-UAW contract

Quote:
Big names in that plan: the Ford Ranger mid-size pickup and Ford Bronco SUV could be making a comeback and will be built at the Michigan Assembly Plant. The move fills the hole to be created when Ford stops making the Focus and C-Max families of vehicles at Michigan Assembly in 2018. It also returns to the fold two storied vehicles that customers have clamored for.
It makes more sense to use tangible product then a vaporware concept from years back...



Garcia is offline  
post #6 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-28-2015, 06:16 PM
Tom
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 418
Also if you look at how things are done throughout the industry, batching those two in the same factory makes sense, being on the same platform and all. Plus I don't think there's any other platform they can or should use.
Tom is offline  
post #7 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-30-2015, 11:17 AM
Moo
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 260
I thought it was going to share the chassis with the 2018 Ranger and not the one already in production?
Unless Ford won't change much between the 2015 and 2018 Ford Ranger?
Moo is offline  
post #8 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-30-2015, 01:27 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moo View Post
I thought it was going to share the chassis with the 2018 Ranger and not the one already in production?
Unless Ford won't change much between the 2015 and 2018 Ford Ranger?
the 2018 Ranger will be closer in spec and kit to the 2015 Ranger then to some one of 2004 concept... logic says so...



Garcia is offline  
post #9 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-02-2015, 11:49 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 232
Just watched a few videos of the Ford Ranger 2015 going offroad and I will be very happy if the Bronco is just as capable.
BuckingBronco is offline  
post #10 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-02-2015, 05:14 PM
Tom
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 418
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckingBronco View Post
Just watched a few videos of the Ford Ranger 2015 going offroad and I will be very happy if the Bronco is just as capable.
When it comes to ground clearance, I doubt it will get better and don't think it should at all.
Tom is offline  
Reply

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
6th Bronco Built in Michigan Tom 2020 Ford Bronco 6G General Discussion Forum 11 03-06-2018 01:40 PM
Is the Bronco Really Back? Ford Bronco News 2020+ Bronco 6G News 24 12-30-2016 11:32 AM
Love the old Bronco, Looking Forward to the New One Stag New Member Introductions 11 12-02-2015 05:16 PM
Hi Fellow Bronco People Moo New Member Introductions 3 11-24-2015 05:06 PM

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome