Source confirms 3 door and 4 door models - 2020 Ford Bronco Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-06-2018, 08:53 AM Thread Starter

Source confirms 3 door and 4 door models

A new insider source has a frame shipping slip that has outlined both a Bronco 3DR and a 5DR, which suggests that we will see both configurations come to market in 2020. The shipping list also refers to something as a "Redback", which could be a special performance version of the new Ranger and/or Bronco.
post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-07-2018, 08:45 AM

Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe Redback is actually a brand of performance exhaust, that's specific for 4X4's. Wasn't anticipating seeing this kind of trim from launch, but that would justify the delay's we've seen.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-10-2018, 03:23 AM
Tom

Both 5 door and 3 door concerns me, I think Ford is spreading themselves too thin. Yeah Jeep offers the exact same options in the Wrangler but Ford hasn't sold a Bronco in how many years? Not sure how I feel about this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-10-2018, 08:47 AM

Unfortunately they have to go this route if they want to stay competitive. Alike the Wrangler, we will probably see a lot more interest in the 4 door configuration. What we don't know is if the baby variant is in addition to the 2 door model.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-11-2018, 08:40 AM

Really hope that Ford's decision to can all of their cars doesn't end up backfiring. Their focus towards SUV's and crossovers could cause a lot of internal competition with too many models. I'm sure they have plans to update the Ecosport but that's going to be heavily overshadowed by this smaller Bronco.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-12-2018, 08:46 AM Thread Starter

It's going to be tough for them to release as many new models that they have planned confined solely to this one segment. Not only are they going to compete with one another, but they are also pretty likely to share powertrains as well.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-13-2018, 09:04 AM

Yes and no. With a good number of their new crossovers/SUV's being electric, that's really a brand new segment for the company. It is looking like we are going to see a bunch of Mustang inspired models, but that makes sense with the global appeal that it has.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-13-2018, 05:59 PM
Tom

There are few models sold in America that have global appeal. Its so much the case that Ford has market specific models that we can't get and that don't leave those markets.

Most recently was the Ford Everest, a China exclusive product.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-14-2018, 08:47 AM

If Ford opted to bring the T6 Ranger stateside, there's a chance that we could see them do something similar with the Everest. Since they are doubling down on SUV's and crossovers you can bet that there will be less market specific vehicles in the future.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-15-2018, 02:47 PM

I am looking forward to the 3 door version...by which I mean 2 passenger doors and a tailgate door. If only offered in 4 door ( 4 passenger doors) there are a lot of others offering that configuration. I'll be looking at whatever the competition has to offer at the time...such as 4 Runner, etc. Really want 2 passenger doors or something like the FJ. 2 door Wrangler is too small behind the back seat for what I need... room for 2 dogs or camping gear, etc.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page