Could These Be the Bronco's Engines? - Page 3 - 2020 Ford Bronco Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 26 (permalink) Old 02-21-2017, 10:25 AM

For sure.. I'm definitely not gonna be getting in there and working on it so it doesn't matter haha. I'll just be tinkering away with the regular things, exhaust, intake, etc.
post #22 of 26 (permalink) Old 02-21-2017, 11:20 AM
Moo

with how complicated engines are becoming these days, working on one will require training that the average person who likes to wrench won't have. I'd be happy with a stock engine without tuning and just make changes elsewhere like air filter, exhaust, etc.
post #23 of 26 (permalink) Old 02-22-2017, 12:56 PM
Tom

Well, that should go for all the things beyond regular maintenance if you just discount things like the Alternator and Starter, but those might be easy to get to, just have to wait for all the information to come in on that.

As for the typical maintenance most people like to do and have the tools for, there's no reason why Ford should make that complicated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 26 (permalink) Old 02-22-2017, 01:04 PM

Engines are becoming complicated but they haven't reached the point where training is required to work on them. They're still essentially the same things internally just with a bit more electronics monitoring everything. EVs on the other hand, yes, they require special training. But someone that's been wrenching for a hobby in their garage at home can still work on one of these engines no problem.
post #25 of 26 (permalink) Old 03-02-2017, 11:28 AM

Really depends on your personal skill level, the equipment you have access to and the engine itself. I personally don't have the skills to work on fuel injection system, open up the cylinder block, etc of a 3.2-liter 5-cylinder engine.
post #26 of 26 (permalink) Old 03-17-2017, 02:00 PM

It's always going to depend on that. I think the point trying to be made is that
Quote:
working on one will require training that the average person who likes to wrench won't have
is not really true at all. If you like to wrench, you are decently knowledgeable in it. Unless you have no idea what your doing then you have no business being in the "wrenching" category at all

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page