Ford Bronco debut? - 2020 Ford Bronco Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-08-2017, 08:01 PM Thread Starter
Moo

Ford Bronco debut?

Fresh from autospies, they said Ford will debut the new Bronco tomorrow, but it won't be at the much publicized Detroit auto show. Rumor has it, a few select individuals are being brought to Dearborn to see the new Bronco.
post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-09-2017, 08:01 AM

It's really gonna have to be something to get me to not trade my 2015 Lariat F-150 on that 2018 F-150. Everybody needs to see the 6G Bronco, not just a select few...
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-09-2017, 09:44 AM

I remember Ford doing the same thing in 2014-2015 when the new Mustang was coming out. Only a few select dealers were invited to see it & they had to sign affidavits that they would not reveal anything about it. Reminds me of 60's when the new model cars came out every fall and the dealers had to keep them covered until the public was allowed to see them at the dealership on a designated day. Like with the Mustang, I am sure that Ford will sometime soon start slowly releasing teaser photos of the Bronco - with each one only showing one very small section of the interior and/or exterior. This all gives the marketing department something to do - in hopes that we will anxiously anticipate the release of the new Bronco - and will then run down to the dealership with our money to buy one.

Last edited by Bronco Ally; 01-09-2017 at 09:49 AM.

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-09-2017, 04:05 PM
Tom

After following a few launches I discovered that when they start teasing it, that's when the ball gets rolling and it rolls consistently, it's just constant releases of information. Rarely do they drop a teaser and let it collect dust for a while before making another move.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-11-2017, 05:34 AM

Ranger/Bronco

My buddy sent me this link below. It's to a forum for the new Ford Ranger I believe and a thread started by a mid-level designer at Ford that is working on the Ranger. He remains anonymous in the thread but he discusses what the new Ranger will be. It's a long thread and only touches on the new Bronco a couple of times as he's not directly involved with it but everything he says about the new Bronco makes sense and although it may not be what I wanted to hear, it's what I expected... He states that the 6G Bronco will essentially be a re-skinned and rebadged Everest in a 4 door only configuration. Here's the link:

https://www.reddit.com/r/fordranger/...mpany_product/

Time to change the Forum Picture...

Last edited by ARChris; 01-11-2017 at 05:36 AM.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-11-2017, 10:36 AM Thread Starter
Moo

Nah, they're benchmarking the Wrangler Unlimited for design considerations on the Bronco so it won't be purely Everest. There's a few mentions of the Bronco from the ford employee and they said "many suspension and powertrain parts will be common between the Ranger and Bronco."
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-12-2017, 10:42 AM

Jeep's Wrangler will be their main competitor, but that's doesn't mean Ford won't try to reuse as much of their already existing parts as they can. I can see the new Ranger and Bronco taking things from the Everest parts bin for the future model. The Everest has a body-on-frame construction, solid rear axles, and available upgraded off-road suspensions. All the things people would want in a Bronco.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-12-2017, 11:02 AM

I'm sure they'll be using parts from the Everest but it won't be purely Everest for sure. You'll never find a vehicle that is completely individual to it's own parts. That's just not economical.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-12-2017, 04:13 PM
Tom

We might even be able to expect parts to be coming from the Explorer and I really hope they did that since that's yet another volume product from the brand.

I'll be surprised if that's not the case, there should be some level of universal parts that aid in cost cutting in an impactful way.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-13-2017, 10:41 AM Thread Starter
Moo

Carscoops has the ask a Ford exec about it and he said that the new Bronco will not be a North American version of the Everest, it'll be based on the Ranger platform instead.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page