Bronco Development Commenced - 2020 Ford Bronco Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-10-2016, 07:46 AM Thread Starter

Bronco Development Commenced

Ford Australia will be leading the development of the Ford Bronco and it may be using the Ranger platform (T6 ladder). The platform may be shortened and modified for use as the Bronco but nonetheless, we have news that it is being developed.

Powertrain wise, the Bronco is expected to share the same Ranger configurations. Four and five-cylinder diesel engines mated to a manual and an automatic gearbox with a low-range transfer case.

The US spec models may should be getting a gasoline V6.

According to CarScoops, they are suggesting that the new Bronco is being benchmarked against the Rubicon Wrangler 2 doors as well as the Wrangler Unlimited 4 door.

Apparently according to Motoring, test mules have already started testing at the marque's You Yang proving ground.

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-10-2016, 12:52 PM
Tom

I like the sounds of this since just about anything that has come out of Aussie has been good. Looking at Chevy, the SS Sedan was a good example and how far they went with it is just impressive on an aftermarket level.

Hopefully when we get to see those mules they aren't covered up too much, just enough so we can get a sense of the size, proportions and a peak at its design so we can begin to connect the dots.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-13-2016, 10:30 PM Thread Starter

We should be able to tell the size of it without too much difficulty, but it's just the features can really be hidden well. The test mule we see could look vastly different from what the production will look like too.

All we can do is hope for the best !

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-22-2016, 01:50 PM

Test mules have already started testing and we still haven't seen spy shots or anything yet? The paparazzi is slacking... I'm stoked to see what the mules look like at least. Or even if we can hear some exhaust tones to try and tell which engine is in it or something.

-Alfy
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-25-2016, 02:54 PM
Tom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfalfa View Post
Test mules have already started testing and we still haven't seen spy shots or anything yet? The paparazzi is slacking... I'm stoked to see what the mules look like at least. Or even if we can hear some exhaust tones to try and tell which engine is in it or something.

-Alfy
Just what I thought, very easy to claim something there's no proof of. I'll believe it when I see it. Only "spy shot" i recall is the following but it was an april fools joke:

post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-25-2016, 03:50 PM

Well there goes that then. I'm not gonna be holding my breath, it just doesn't make sense.

We have Lamborghini doing testing and we get spy shots of those. Some exclusive vehicles out there and we get spy shots. This has BEEN testing and nothing whatsoever leaked yet. Not even a photo that looks like it was taken with a potato ?@
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-27-2016, 03:07 PM

We could see four- and five-cylinder diesel engines along with a V6 petrol for the American market. Of course with manaual and probably optional auto.

Which engine are you looking forward to?
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-29-2016, 12:51 PM

I would be looking for a v6 with the automatic optional transmission. Just to make life easier for driving around the city and what not, my legs don't work nearly as well as they used to. That and if I choose to up the power on it, the automatic is very effective.

What about you @BuckingBronco

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page