Bronco Owner Wanna Be - 2020 Ford Bronco Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-13-2016, 09:18 PM Thread Starter

Bronco Owner Wanna Be

Hi

I have ridden in Broncos in the 60's - but have never owned one. I am looking forward to what Ford comes out with in 2020 - and if Ford does it right I will have a place for a Bronco in my garage. In the meantime, I will continue to enjoy checking out the Broncos that many of your have posted photos of in this forum.

Come on Ford - it's up to you now. DO IT RIGHT!
post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-14-2016, 10:44 AM

Welcome to the forum! Maybe we'll hear about the new Bronco at the Detroit show next year, it's one of the bigger international auto shows.

What are you currently driving?
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-14-2016, 11:20 AM

Welcome to the forums. Any features specifically that you'll be looking for in the Bronco ?

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-16-2016, 01:06 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckingBronco View Post
Welcome to the forum! Maybe we'll hear about the new Bronco at the Detroit show next year, it's one of the bigger international auto shows.

What are you currently driving?

I am currently driving a 2008 Bullitt Mustang and a 2008 Jeep Liberty. 2008 was the first year of the new model Jeep Liberty and the only year it was available with the 6-speed manual (a carry-over from the old Liberty model). I remember how secretive Ford was before the Bullitt was introduced - Ford would tease you by letting photos out of little sections of the car. And the final photo showed the car in the dark with smoke all around it - the ultimate tease. I would not be surprised if Ford does the same with the Bronco.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-16-2016, 01:43 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfalfa View Post
Welcome to the forums. Any features specifically that you'll be looking for in the Bronco ?

The Bronco has to have a rugged clean style - something that none of the other SUV mfgers have offered. So hopefully Ford will incorporate any the conceptual styles that members of this forum have created. And it does need to be built "Ford Tough" - which I would define as at least meeting the Jeep "Trail Rated" standards (ignoring of course the Renegade that Chrysler slapped a Trail Rated Badge on it). Many I know want the solid front axle for off-road use - which I don't do so won't actually need. But I do want a true 4WD SUV with the transfer case along with a good suspension and shocks/struts for handling. And it must have the frame on body along with the clearance. And listen up Ford, if you do not offer the six-speed manual transmission at least as an option - I walk away to the nearest jeep dealer. 2-door or 4-door? - I actually like both at this point for a SUV. But Ford must offer an engine that can provide power - I would prefer a V-6 - an Ecoboost V-6 would be nice. Minimal badging please - and I don't need the latest in electronics, audio, or ambient lighting. I don't even need an upgraded interior with a moon roof- but with the right package I would pay extra for leather. But I trust - and hope- that Ford will do it right - and make sure that the basics are covered to make the next generation Bronco is a true SUV .

Last edited by Bronco Ally; 12-16-2016 at 01:51 PM.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-18-2016, 08:20 PM
Moo

From the sounds of it, practicality and performance is what you're looking for in the new Bronco. I'm sure they'll offer a manual transmission option as that's what the Bronco demographic wants.

What I wouldn't give to see the Ford ecoboost engine in the Bronco, it's already making a name for itself in the Ford f-150 ecoboost. The 3.5L EcoBoost is making 375hp and 470 lb.ft of torque in the pickup.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-19-2016, 05:37 PM
Tom

Toyota is a good example of a brand that offered it and Ford should take note of that. But if we get a manual I have a feeling it may not last all throughout the vehicles production time line.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page