Possible Competition ? - 2020 Ford Bronco Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 64 (permalink) Old 10-23-2016, 11:14 AM Thread Starter

Possible Competition ?

Just trying to get a look at what everyone else is thinking will be the competition for the Bronco. As it is, we really only have renders of what we think/hope it will look like and so far it's been stated it's going to go up against the Jeep Wrangler. With all the history of the Wrangler and it's ridiculous amount of capabilities, new body style and use of aluminum for lighter weight, this should make for an interesting match. I don't really think the Wrangler itself has any serious competition in that aspect.

Can you guys think of anything else that may come to mind ?
post #2 of 64 (permalink) Old 10-27-2016, 12:12 PM
Tom

If the Bronco will live up to what previous generations were like then it will definitely stand out among the rest it will be categorized with. So while Toyota's FJ is doing well in the segment, I don't think Ford has much to worry about, same goes for what Jeep will bring to the table with the next gen Wrangler.

But at the end of the day it comes down to what they deliver and we have yet to see any solid information on any of that.
post #3 of 64 (permalink) Old 10-27-2016, 03:43 PM Thread Starter

Yea.. didn't think about it.. trying to compare pretty much a shot in the dark rendering with no information on pretty much anything to real world vehicles lol.

Back then the Blazer was competition for the Bronco I believe though?

post #4 of 64 (permalink) Old 12-11-2016, 02:11 PM
Tom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
Yea.. didn't think about it.. trying to compare pretty much a shot in the dark rendering with no information on pretty much anything to real world vehicles lol.

Back then the Blazer was competition for the Bronco I believe though?

It was and on that note there's new floating around about GM bringing the Blazer out again, which if true means even more for what Ford is doing. Hopefully Toyota won't top them with whatever they planned for the next generation FJ.
post #5 of 64 (permalink) Old 12-12-2016, 10:16 AM

I haven't really seen anything in regards to the FJ so far on any changes but I'm sure they'll bring some game. Toyota is definitely a contender. They're TRD edition really highlights some off-road characteristics of the FJ as well.
post #6 of 64 (permalink) Old 12-13-2016, 10:26 AM

I was thinking the Jeep wagoneer as a Bronco competitor, but that project seems to be on hold for now. The Toyota FJ is a great bushwhacker, but its interior is sorely lacking IMO.
post #7 of 64 (permalink) Old 12-13-2016, 01:24 PM

I was thinking the Wagoneer could be one as well, but that thing was supposed to be brought out at a price of $130-$140k which I highly doubt the Bronco will come out at.
post #8 of 64 (permalink) Old 12-13-2016, 06:09 PM
Tom

Even after all the sources reporting on it costing that much i still have a hard time believing they will charge that much. What I can see happening is them asking a price in line with the Escalade to start. Maybe some high performance Wagoneer will cost $140k, but it should start within Escalade range.
post #9 of 64 (permalink) Old 12-13-2016, 09:05 PM

The only way another SUV would be competition for me would be if the Bronco did not come with a manual tranny - then there will not be a Bronco in my driveway. I hope that is not the case - but I would not enjoy driving anything that is not a manual.
post #10 of 64 (permalink) Old 12-14-2016, 10:52 AM

If Ford wants to appeal to the older generation Bronco owners, then they'll definitely release a manual gearbox for the new Bronco alongside an auto transmission. And manuals are generally cheaper too, so people can save a bit of money there.

I don't think Toyota is offering manual with their off road orientated SUV.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page