What Do You Think of this Plate? - 2020 Ford Bronco Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-02-2016, 10:29 AM Thread Starter

What Do You Think of this Plate?

Other than the extremely bright paint job, what do you think of the "NOTAJEP" (Not a Jeep) Plate ? Doubt it'll be necessary because of the big ford logo but think it's necessary?

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-05-2016, 04:44 PM
Tom

To the average person out there it's a Jeep, not that many people knew about the Bronco especially these days. Maybe 10, 15, 20 years ago you could find people that were aware but going with that, you can see how this plate is fitting.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-06-2016, 10:26 AM
Moo

Lol, these days if a vehicle is square like a Wrangler and looks off-road capable, most would assume it's a Jeep. That custom green Bronco needs a giant Bronco badge on the rear if being mistaken for a Jeep is really that big of a concern.

As least the new Bronco shouldn't be mistaken for one.

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-06-2016, 10:35 AM

I find a lot of people also call any SUV a Jeep automatically. Like when people call all bandages a Band-Aid. Or tissues as Kleenex.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-08-2016, 10:39 AM

Some brands are just that iconic and well known that the name itself becomes associated with certain items and models. Maybe someone will get a custom license plate for their Bronco and have it spell out "A Bronco". That should fit the license plate letter limit perfectly.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-08-2016, 11:54 AM

It's because they've been around so long and left that ever lasting impression. I'm sure "Bronco" would suffice as well, but I don't really mind.. Paying extra money just to let people know it's not a "Jeep" is a bit excessive
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-09-2016, 12:09 PM
Tom

It's also good branding, that's how people have come to call things by that and not what it actually is. Like photocopies, they used to be called xerox "go xerox it", but decades later people get it, who calls it a xerox these days? Same thing happening here. People now know what a crossover is, what a CUV is, etc. Even if they don't know it as a "crossover" the idea is it isn't a Jeep like they used to call it back in the day.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-24-2016, 05:04 PM Thread Starter

I didn't even know that they were called Xerox before... that's intense. But in all fairness, a lot of people don't exactly know what a Crossover is right now. They can't really explain it unless they know that the vehicle has been classified as a crossover lol.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-28-2016, 10:38 AM

There's always the more economical approach of just getting a bronco decal or badge if it's really that important.
Around my area it's not too expensive to get a custom plate, the problem will be trying to come up with something to put on it.

Quote:
For passenger or commercial vehicles

2 to 8 characters (letters and/or numbers) without a graphic - $310
2 to 6 characters (letters and/or numbers) with a graphic - $336.40

For motorcycles

2 to 5 characters (letters and/or numbers) without a graphic — $310
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-30-2016, 12:50 PM Thread Starter

Your initial idea of "A BRONCO" would be great if it isn't taken! But I think people would be coming up with different variations of Bronco as well though. "BR0NC0" etc.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page