Potential Factory Features - 2020 Ford Bronco Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-20-2016, 10:46 AM Thread Starter

Potential Factory Features

ford really doesn't have anything like the Bronco in their current lineup so it's hard to get an idea of what they could offer with it. Closest I could fine was the 2017 expedition and depending on the trim there are optional suspension and axle features like a 3.73 Limited Slip Rear-Axle, 3.31 Non-Limited Slip Rear Axle, Rear Load-Leveling Suspension, etc.

Think we'll see these on the Bronco?
post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-22-2016, 10:36 AM
Moo

I can definitely see Ford giving us those options for a price. The old Bronco was made to go everywhere including off road and to do that, it'll need some upgrades on top of the standard features. ford can either let enthusiasts go to the aftermarket for parts or offer them in house.

Most likely we'll see some kind of suspension upgrade and maybe even the Continuously Controlled Damping (CCD) System, but i'm not sure about the slip axles.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-22-2016, 10:52 AM

I can also see things like load leveling suspension being utilized as well as we do see these being applied now. I would prefer to have it as well. But won't it have to be equipped with some sort of air suspension to be able to have that feature ?

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-22-2016, 02:04 PM
Tom

A look at the market its going to sit in suggests that things like this are what buyers want. Just look at what people are doing with the Toyota FJ, that alone is a good indicator. As you expand that scope it becomes even more clear.

Another good question is what will basemodels have? Often basemodels become the ATM for that model.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-24-2016, 05:07 PM

Of course that's what buyers want with something like this. The basemodel I can imagine being left pretty darn bare. A lot of big shops and aftermarket guys will buy the base models just to see what they can do with the raw product or the product at it's rawest form. If you're big into the aftermarket stuff, the basemodel is where you want to be because it enables you to throw all of your own stuff in there without you feeling like you wasted money on the extra add-ons that are essentially getting thrown out.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-28-2016, 04:14 PM
Tom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
Of course that's what buyers want with something like this. The basemodel I can imagine being left pretty darn bare. A lot of big shops and aftermarket guys will buy the base models just to see what they can do with the raw product or the product at it's rawest form. If you're big into the aftermarket stuff, the basemodel is where you want to be because it enables you to throw all of your own stuff in there without you feeling like you wasted money on the extra add-ons that are essentially getting thrown out.
Likely being a soft launch with the typical trims, one of those lower trims is what they'll start off with I can bet unless Ford goes the extra mile like what Nissan did here and invited aftermarket companies to a measuring session.

But we should also expect some factory accessories and options. When we spec out the 6G Bronco, having Ford Performance parts to choose from is very realistic.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-29-2016, 01:00 PM

For sure, There'll definitely be the things like air filters and maybe even a suspension package perhaps. Then the regular roof racks, mud guards, etc. that should come with a vehicle like this.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page