Could Bronco 6G Come With Heated Features? - 2020 Ford Bronco Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-21-2016, 10:21 AM Thread Starter
Moo

Could Bronco 6G Come With Heated Features?

Those of you living up North should be well acquainted with the bite of winter, but heated features aren't always as accessible as we'd want. turns out, Ford has heard your complaints, especially after the polar vortex in 2013-14, and they've been trying to identify your needs and expectations since then.

“What our customers in Canada told us is simple – ‘Heat everything!’” says Nicole Mazur, product development quality supervisor for Ford Canada and export markets. “They wanted better access to some of the cold weather features Ford was already offering on its higher-series vehicles.”

Customers wanted features like heated steering wheel, heated mirrors and windshield wiper de-icer to come standard. Think Ford will listen to the feedback and give us what we need in the new Bronco?
post #2 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-21-2016, 10:28 AM

Aren't heated seats standard in almost everything now ?! At least from seats?

Nonetheless, I would really hope they would listen. Heated seats and steering wheel is definitely a huge thing for us up North eh. It gets quite frigid lol. I'm not super picky and I wouldn't mind if they left out the windshield de-icer BUT it would be greatly appreciated. It would be smart for them to offer those things standard in Canada.
post #3 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-22-2016, 10:40 AM Thread Starter
Moo

Most of the time I see heated seats as a standard feature for higher trim levels or an option that you have to pay more for. It'd be nice if Ford just adds them to the standard base model, at least for those who live up north with annual snowfall. Having a few winter friendly features would help Ford pull ahead of its competitors when it comes to northern buyers.

post #4 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-22-2016, 10:59 AM

With the guys further up north from where I am, I can see them really appreciating having all of those winter features. They would definitely be more inclined to buy if those features are present and better yet standard. That being said, they'll also need block heaters and the likes lol.
post #5 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-04-2017, 10:26 AM Thread Starter
Moo

A block heater would be nice as well, but not really needed if I just spend an extra minute or two warming up the car in the morning with remote start. At least give us heated seats and steering wheel as standard so we'll instantly feel some relief when the cold hits. Just tired of seeing heat packages being listed for so much when I see it as a necessity.
post #6 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-05-2017, 11:09 AM

They usually come in a Drivers Convenience package with some manufacturers and the heated steering wheel usually comes paired with the heated mirrors. A remote start added in their would make it all ideal. Nothing better than stepping into a fully warmed up vehicle on a cold morning with your coffee.
post #7 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-08-2017, 08:07 PM Thread Starter
Moo

That would be ideal, we'll just have to keep an eye out for Ford's new models that are coming before the Bronco and see what they are being offered with. They should set a precedence for future Bronco packages.
post #8 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-09-2017, 04:36 PM
Tom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moo View Post
A block heater would be nice as well, but not really needed if I just spend an extra minute or two warming up the car in the morning with remote start. At least give us heated seats and steering wheel as standard so we'll instantly feel some relief when the cold hits. Just tired of seeing heat packages being listed for so much when I see it as a necessity.
But with the extreme winters that happen sometimes and the temp of oil that will be ideal to run, having a block heater is a small cost for something that does so much.

It's just about the cheapest thing you'll buy. People spend more on coffee during a typical work week to put it into perspective.
post #9 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-10-2017, 10:09 AM

The block heater from Ford for their Diesels are 90$ or something. So getting one is cheap, running it is essentially you plugging in your average device to your wall so I wouldn't worry about that either. So with my coffee usage... @Tom , you're pretty spot on.
post #10 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-18-2017, 10:42 PM
Tom

One important thing to note is although some people have block heaters they still don't allow the engine enough time to warm up and for the fluids to all flow and lubricate, so as long as we also incorporate that we'll be in the clear.

Fortunately I live in a condo so I don't have to put as much effort into this

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page